.25 caliber which is better , anyone test these?

I like things robust and simple. The Taipan Veteran has a tuning range that is more than sufficient for most people's uses. Of course, tinkering is, for many people a big part of the hobby. And that's great, if it's your priority. But, if you want to shoot, and keep on shooting....and shooting, without issues, I think the Veteran is hard to beat. 

if you can check out the prophet , why not , to satisfy your curiosity. that is , after all a big part of this hobby. as for me , i like the taipan so much , so robust , easy to work on. i dont need to tell you , you already have one. so i would try the prophet , and if your not "feeling" it. then you can re sell and only be out few dollars. but you will have your answer. 

When will the cricket 2 be released?

I spoke to Charlie at GA Airguns yesterday. He said they will be at dealers hands late Summer / early Fall. 

The .25 PT Cricket is a very accurate power house at 60+fpe. I suspect the Taipan to be just as good. Reach out to @orion and see what he has to say between the 2. He has had both RTI & Taipan in .25. I know other guys have as well, but don’t recall every name now.............Oh, never mind, just saw you pulled the trigger already! 

I had a .22 cal KalibrGun Cricket Mini Carbine WST, and I absolutely loved it! 
[The only gripe anyone usually brings up is/was the OEM side-panel for the mag-release]
*That can be modded, or, an 'improved version' can be purchased - fixing that 'issue'.* 

Taipan Veterans - Another Amazing Choice! and again, I absolutely loved mine! 
[I had the .25 cal Vet Shorty] The only reason I got rid of mine was - I'm not a fan of .25 cal. 
I'm a die-hard .22 guy. And I'd go with another Vet in .22 cal any day! Short/Standard/Long.
*I recommend in .25 cal though - Go for a Standard or Long if you want a better shot count 
and or are interested in firing a broader selection of rounds. 
[The Shorty was a bit pellet picky, didn't really like lighter pellets, but Loved the heavy ones]

While I had mine, Erlis aka Orion The Iguana Hunter had his. He had the full length .25 though. 
It was and probably still is one of his all time favorite guns. The triggers on them probably can't be beat! 
[And I say that - comparing them to the triggers on probably close to 50 guns [air/powder] that I've owned]

Back to Erlis and back to the RTI Priest / Priest-ii / Prophet..
[1 because I have no personal experience w/ any of the three and 2 because Erlis did a GREAT review]
He let his Taipan Veteran go, and went with an RTI. [Of course - The Trigger is the 1st thing he missed]
Aside from that, he'll break down just about every single pro / con that there could be.. 
This video is a Highly Recommended watch!

https://youtu.be/A_2AY_UYha4

MY only gripe: Of the three models, the Kalibrgun Crickets don't come with barrel/shroud threading.. 
That said, if you'd like to add suppression - you'll have to customize/modify for that to be done.. 
I talked to Charlie about that, and while he offers the service, he still warns of potential issues.. 
With the other models - They're threaded and ready to rock right outa' the box. A BIG plus for me! 

🙂👍

Sam -

Don't think the Prophet is not expesive. Compared to the FX Impact it is but it Cost me pretty close to $1800 with two extra magazines. I also have a Taipan .25 shorty and it's my go to gun. I can always count on it to hit where I aim. I will be able to compare the Prophet with the Taipan in .25 because I have both. But, I'll be really surprised it the Prophet turns out to be a better choice for me. The serial number on my Prophet is 00057. I expect to find some bugs somewhere. But that's part of the challenge isn't it?

I like things robust and simple. The Taipan Veteran has a tuning range that is more than sufficient for most people's uses. Of course, tinkering is, for many people a big part of the hobby. And that's great, if it's your priority. But, if you want to shoot, and keep on shooting....and shooting, without issues, I think the Veteran is hard to beat. 

Ed, are you trying to hypnotize me to buy the Vet? You know I read these posts..."Anyway, I'm not buying one more air gun, I'm not going to even consider it as I already have what I need. That's my final answer!" JK and teasing of course, the Vet is a great gun. 

Now, if they (Taipan) only moved the side lever forward like with the WC, ( I am a lefty and prefer forward side lever on semi's and compact BPs); I may have to break my promise! Some day maybe.

JW - congrats on your purchase! Let us know how you like it once you air it out.

Hi all,

Very interesting topic! Let me bring some of my personal experience to this. Thanks Sam for sharing some of it already!

I started hunting iguanas with a .22 caliber and was also a spring rifle and I still have that rifle around, a TX200 and it was a good rifle to start, my problem was that after a while this pesky iguanas learned to keep the distance and was much more harder for me to have a clean kill at distances longer than 40 yards.... Then enter my precious Taipan Veteran in .25 cal, was my first .25 cal and for what I do I think it's a great caliber, I can have more power and also at longer ranges I can achieve more accuracy, so for my particular application this is my go to Caliber.

I had the chance to test Steve's Veteran when he was here with me and his was in .22 caliber, I can say both were really accurate but you need to find the right pellet, I was getting spirals with H&N Barracuda Hunter Extremes on mine and I was never able to test those Hades in .25, the gun was sold after they released them, but the .22 loved those Hades, we were hunting with those exclusively and also the Polymags. The .25 caliber has a bark if you compare it with the .22 caliber, I will say you really don't need a suppressor on the .22 but it's a must on the .25, it was my experience there.

I don't recall the shot count on Steve's gun but I was getting from 40 to 50 shots out of mine, and after almost 2 years of ownership I never replaced a single O-Ring. So in my opinion if you want a gun that is super reliable out of the box and need nothing to be done, the Taipan is my No1 option, this gun is like a Camry, it will go and go and go and never had any issues.

People are talking about power adjustability with the Taipan using the HST and it's true, you can change the power with it, but at least I personally believe there's only one setting on that HST that match the regulator pressure, you can move a bit up or down but if you go crazy with it you will lose efficiency and my shot count will be reduced drastically, so for me that was one of the reasons I sold the Taipan, I was searching for something that provide more adjustability in an easy way.

Originally I was really into the Raptor, but well, it didn't happen and I'm happy because then I start looking into other guns and ended up pulling the Trigger on the Priest 2, and Oh boy I couldn't be happier. The Priest is not like the Taipan that out of the box is performing how you like it, but it has a lot of potential, I like you can tweak almost everything and this gun is really simple, another plus on my book. The magazines are crap (and expensive as hell), I made the mistake to order one from AoA to later realize is the same crap, then ended up ordering one from Carm-Magazines and his version is way way better.

In the video Sam shared before I ran over all the issues I've found with the gun, and I don't know if I should do a follow up because at this point I have solved all the pain points. I worked with Donny and we created an adapter for the suppressor that extend the shroud a bit so you can use a suppressor like the Sumo. I was really pissed when I realized my suppressor won't fit because the shroud was short, but now that's solved

My other issue (that really make me mad) was that I had a leak in the regulator, and that's also solved, initially I bought a Paint Ball regulator on Ebay for 20$ but just got a notification that RTI sent me a new regulator as Warranty, and the new regulator is the same we will see on the Prophet. That's another point for this gun RTI customer service is second to none, Mr. Rob itself was replying my emails and making sure I was getting my gun up and running.

I tested the shotcount and I'm getting around 80 shots when filling to 275bars, My guess is that a fill to 300bar and if I can get my hands on the bigger plenum we have on the Prophet I'll easily get more than 100 shots on .25 cal and that for me is a great great plus.

This is my gun:

Oh you might be wondering about accuracy! In this video I was able to hit 3 tablets of vitamin C at 40 yards with 3 shots, I don't need better than that

https://youtu.be/BVmJm_Zj6vc

Sam mentioned that I miss the trigger on the Taipan, let me say, the trigger on the Taipan is better but this gun's trigger is almost there, what I really miss is the anti double feed mechanism on the Taipan, if I have a pellet on the chamber and want to decock this rifle, I have to remove the magazine 👀 because if not when I cock again I'll pushing 2 pellets on the chamber, and when I'm hunting sometimes I don't take a shot that I was ready to take.... and I don't want to have the rifle cocked with a pellet ready to shot if I'm not aiming... that's what I really miss from my Taipan, apart from that, I'm really happy with this gun!

Hope you find this useful! Even when I know you already have ordered a Veteran

Thanks Orion , I will get one with a cocking lever when I see how the profit shoots ,SO oring are you saying the priest 2 and profit have about same power , shot count ? and differences are carbon bottle like yours a 24 in barrel , and the adjustable butt pad and regulator , sorry your reg messed up , I did see a few guys here running the $20 dollar regs , I didnt know why but I guess they may leak or fail . If I remember correctly the first model you could remove the air tank and put it in say a back pack ,

I hope the new cricked has an improved magazine loading system and a safety , mine doesn't even have a safety on it but it is sure accurate , I going to watch the profit video now , and probably order this as well , LOU

Thanks Orion , I will get one with a cocking lever when I see how the profit shoots ,SO oring are you saying the priest 2 and profit have about same power , shot count ?

The Prophet has a different barrel, one designed for long range, the Priest 2 I have a is a CZ barrel, but the prophet comes with a bigger plenum, and with that you can achieve more power. The thing is that I can install the same plenum on my Priest 2 and I'll get more power (or more shots if I lower the regulator) I don't know how the new barrel will perform compared with the current on on the Priest2 but I think it's longer than this one, I think it will be a beast! I hope to get my hands around one of those prophets soon!

ok so it is screw in like the taipand or the fx , thats good , alot of guns the size is built in so you cant change it , SO if you had tiapan and you kept this , did you find hunting it was easier to say offhand shoot and carry ? , or are you shooting more off bipods , I found my self in past few years shooting either offhand or a tripod , unless I bench rest which is only to sight in , I dont like just shooting paper seated , I rather hunt or shoot unknown distances with steel if I cant hunt LOU

ok so it is screw in like the taipand or the fx , thats good , alot of guns the size is built in so you cant change it , SO if you had tiapan and you kept this , did you find hunting it was easier to say offhand shoot and carry ? , or are you shooting more off bipods , I found my self in past few years shooting either offhand or a tripod , unless I bench rest which is only to sight in , I dont like just shooting paper seated , I rather hunt or shoot unknown distances with steel if I cant hunt LOU

Initially I find it really difficult to carry the Priest, the AR grip is also not good and I was used to carry the Taipan by the stock, the piece that joins the grip with the back. Then I upgraded the AR grip and for $15 I can now walk with the gun much much better. I asked Donny if it was possible to install one of those extensions bars you see people adding to their impacts and the existing one was too short :(

My scope is heavy and when I'm hunting I do take shots off hand, but I think the Taipan was better for that than the Priest, I do use bipods while hunting also. But it not that terrible off hand.