25 Cal Vulcan strikes again

It is always good to be out in the field. It rained the day before and the temperature was much cooler than usual for this time of year. The ground was still pretty damp which made walking very easy and quiet. The bush in the area I usually hunt is pretty thick with a lot of briars. It seems as though every bush has thorns on it. It is pretty difficult to spot the cottontails in this area as most of the time all you see is a glimpse of a white cotton ball bouncing a few steps and then disappears. You don’t even have enough time to shoulder the rifle. As I was walking through the brush I saw some movement about thirty five yards away and then it stopped in the shadows of a good sized bush. I wasn’t sure if I wasn’t looking at a shadow or the rabbit as these old eyes of mine are certainly not what they used to be. So when I put the scope on it there he was nestled in the brush probably wondering what in the world spooked him(after I cleaned him I knew it was a “him”). I was using an H&N Sport Crow Magnum 26.23 grain pellet. They are supposed to have a maximum shock. I believe it after the shot. They really hit hard. The sound of the pellet hitting the rabbit was louder than the Vulcans bark. The rabbit jumped about two feet and came down and was out. The Vulcan and these pellets did a great job. They are just waiting for the next hunt.