UPDATE .25 cal synrod air leak @gage

bigE

Feb 19, 2017
Texas
Ended up swapping the fill whip on my tank from one end to the other...filled my gun and its been a few hours & no air loss. What i mean is that i took the end connected to my tank & switched it to be my quick connect end & ofcourse connected the opposite end to my tank. I thought the problem was @fill nipple because when i went to bleed my air hose air gushed out my release /bleed valve.Turns out the problem was with my air hose...thanks guys for responding. 

There is a large O-Ring at each end of the gauge block. There is a small O-Ring at the bottom of the hole the gauge screws into. Check the small one in the hole where the gauge screws into first. Overtightening the gauge will cause the O-Ring to become distorted and prevent a good seal. The large O-Rings at each end of the block can become nicked and leak. The hole in the tube where the gauge goes through frequently has a very sharp burr which can nick the O-Rings as the gauge block is installed or removed. A small amount of silicon oil wiped on the O-Rings really improve the quality of the seal.

If you have the rifle down this far I would suggest you relieve the sharp edges caused by the manufacturing in the main tube. I took a 1 inch ball hone purchased online and cleaned up that area of my syn rod before reassembly. If you can't get a hone you can take a piece of a broom stick and wrap the end with some Emory Cloth. Use some lubricant as you do either process and clean the main tube thoroughly before attempting reassembly. Removing those burrs will reduce the chances of cut Orings. Use a generous amount of silicone grease during the assembly with the new Orings. I had a similar problem so went through a total rebuild of my SynRod 25 cal. I also replaced the gauge just to make certain it wasn't an internal leak of the gauge itself...Good luck and keep us posted...

I used some special stuff to seal a thread leak....let me find a pic for you.

Here you go....made for tapered threads and pressures up to 10K psi.

1522760668_13454785505ac37bdc174177.83866061_IMG_20171208_202942.jpg