25 cal r5m standar and long vs lelya 2

Get both if you can, cant go wrong either way. Totally different purpose guns though. Lelya, great backpack gun, good shot count and accuracy. R5M, great gun, longer range and accuracy due to longer barrel, mod available for more FPE. For me, the R5M would be the ticket. Reason being I dont need a backpack gun since I don't backpack. But if I did I would just get a slighly bigger backpack to fit the R5M. 😀

Just a few thoughts on airgun choice...

Oddly, the size of the gun does not affect it's ultimate accuracy ability...either of these guns will out shoot the shooter's ability. The accuracy of a 12" barrel is equal to the accuracy of any longer size barrel, over any distance. Seems strange, but true. However, that does not preclude a specific barrel performing better with some pellets over other brands. If the regulator is set at the same bar, the pellet is the same caliber/brand/weight/design, then a Leyla will equal the fps/fpe and accuracy of the larger R5M.

The only factor in a buyer choosing an Edgun will be personal preference of size, design, shot count, air capacity, and single vs. multi-shot capability.

It's a rich world in pcp airguns today. The choices are fantastic. If it's a brand name pcp, then size doesn't matter when it comes to accuracy and punch. If it's an Edgun, you will be happy.

I've owned almost every model of Edgun, except the .30 caliber, over the years. My final gun of choice is the Lelya single shot.

Not everyone will agree with the above. It has simply been my experience over the past many years, and the countless postings by owners who said the same thing over and over.

I have both the R5M standard and the Lelya 2.0 in 25 caliber for both.

R5M Standard advantages:

1. Easy to add on a picatinny rail for a bipod if needed

2. Higher velocity in R5M - easily 900+ fps with 25g JSB's (max on Lelya is about 880)

3. Slightly bigger shot count with the R5M vs Lelya due to it's larger air cylinder

4. R5M is a bit quieter vs Lelya due to it's larger moderator volume

5. Accuracy is equal - R5M easier to shoot from a bench because it can be rested easier

Lelya advantages:

1. More maneuverable in tight spaces - perfect as a truck gun or for backpacking with

2. Faster to fill up with a hand pump if needed due to its smaller air cylinder

3. Easier to carry in the field for hunting than R5M