25 cal question

Ted B says the JSB King 25gr is the most stable/capable airgun pellet, or something like that. Something about the size weight they just fly better than the .177 or .22.

I’ll agree with that statement. I shoot them from 700-1080 fps and they always print tiny little groups at 50 yards. 25 cal is certainly no fad! Its been around a long time and has proven its spot. I shoot anything from rats to coyotes with mine. 

From personal experience I really think 25 pellet wise is the best caliber. The JSB 34 grain MK2 is a superb pellet that can rival slugs in most guns up to 100 yards easy. Even slowed down to 600 FPS for backyard pesting it is still stupid accurate. 25 Hades are very effective on small games even at low speed! Although I think when it comes to slugs 22 simply has way more selection for now and 25 slugs are a bit scary at 950+ FPS, simply a ton of energy! Great if you need it but dangerous if you don't need it.

I have been weighing the 22 vs 25 cal question for the Crown Continuum I plan to get. Day to day I know I will use the .22 cal more, i.e. indoor range shooting and like mentioned above a lot of more options ammo wise than with a 25 cal, plus the power output makes the .25 cal not an option for me as “day to day”. I thought .30 cal barrel for the Crown would be a good option and something for long range when the time ranges for varmints, and bench rest. For plinking and pickup pest / varmints shooting the .22 caliber rules.

I have every PCP rifle caliber from .177 to .357 and everything in between. My default go to caliber is .25. On my FX Impact. using the power wheel, i can shoot .25 cal 34gr JSB pellets from a low of 620fps to high of 910 fps with pinpoint accuracy. 

The .25 cal works well short range at low fps while maintaining accuracy with a great BC at higher fps out to over 100+ yards.