25 Cal Noise: Crown vs Red Wolf

Forums General Discussion 25 Cal Noise: Crown vs Red Wolf

• Views : 914
  • Link

NL-Law
    Participant

Hey All

I thought I would share with you the noise difference between my 25 Cal FX Crown and my 25 Cal Daystate Red Wolf. 

Both guns are 100% stock, set to max power and shooting JSB Heavy’s.  The silencer on the Daystate is completely empty as I live in Canada and silencers aren’t legal here.  I think that without the fake can the Daystate would be even quieter!

The difference is amazing. The Daystate is easily 75% quieter.  If noise is a concern, even without the suppressor the Daystate is far superior  

I will I’ll be doing a complete review and comparison in the near future. 

Hope you enjoy!

Link

donnyfl
    Dealer
    Dealer

You can definitely hear the difference in the video above but from my experience even an empty can in the front can significantly reduce the report. To give you an example, I was shooting with a few friends yesterday and I was shooting a .22 Wildcat with my KOI at the end. Really quiet, then one of my friend asked to borrow the KOI to try on his new Impact. I went ahead and shot the .22 WC without a suppressor and everyone looked over at me and said is that without a moderator? It was really loud. So I put on the FX stackable cups which everyone knows is empty and the sound is a back to being very quiet. Those empty cans help out a lot compared to not having anything on. 

Link

spysir
    Participant

Right, Used the be " volumetric " umm,  we didnt call them out loud then much.  Stalker airguns and such are good examples.

John

Link

NL-Law
    Participant

spysir

Right, Used the be " volumetric " umm,  we didnt call them out loud then much.  Stalker airguns and such are good examples.

John

I do a lot of grouse hunting on my property so I’m thinking the quiet Red Wolf will be awesome. 

Link

jking
    Participant

How did they compare with the shroud extended on the Crown if your gun is capable of that?  It looked like it was retracted the best I could tell. I know on mine it's night and day difference. That DS is definitely very quite though. Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy

Link

NL-Law
    Participant

jking

How did they compare with the shroud extended on the Crown if your gun is capable of that?  It looked like it was retracted the best I could tell. I know on mine it's night and day difference. That DS is definitely very quite though. Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy

Sadly not an option here in communist Canada.  Our shrouds are fixed. :(

Link

Spray1Mark
    Participant

The RW is way quiter than the Crown, I had mine together yesterday.

A moderator without internal baffles would still act as a single baffle unless like some fake cans the air does not flow through it?

Link

jking
    Participant

Just from the appearance of the DS shroud with the "silencer" looking piece on the end I'm surprised it passes for unsilenced. Is it because its all fixed. Curios too is how FX made this Crown different from the US models, just Loctited in the retracted position? What if it was temporary unLoctited slid forward a little and resealed "permanently".

Just curious

jk

Link

NL-Law
    Participant

Ok. So this afternoon I removed the Red Wolf shroud completely and exposed the raw barrel. 

While the Shroud did quiet things slightly, I would still say the Red Wolf is 40-50% quieter. I tried to get a video but got rained out. :(

This is in line with my old Air Wolf MCT. About half as loud as the Canadian FX Crown. 

Link

aa_limited
    Participant

do you still have your air wolf to do a side by side comparison to the red wolf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.