25 Cal Noise: Crown vs Red Wolf

Hey All

I thought I would share with you the noise difference between my 25 Cal FX Crown and my 25 Cal Daystate Red Wolf. 

Both guns are 100% stock, set to max power and shooting JSB Heavy’s. The silencer on the Daystate is completely empty as I live in Canada and silencers aren’t legal here. I think that without the fake can the Daystate would be even quieter!

https://youtu.be/Ca-yRP-QDXM

The difference is amazing. The Daystate is easily 75% quieter. If noise is a concern, even without the suppressor the Daystate is far superior

I will I’ll be doing a complete review and comparison in the near future. 

Hope you enjoy!

You can definitely hear the difference in the video above but from my experience even an empty can in the front can significantly reduce the report. To give you an example, I was shooting with a few friends yesterday and I was shooting a .22 Wildcat with my KOI at the end. Really quiet, then one of my friend asked to borrow the KOI to try on his new Impact. I went ahead and shot the .22 WC without a suppressor and everyone looked over at me and said is that without a moderator? It was really loud. So I put on the FX stackable cups which everyone knows is empty and the sound is a back to being very quiet. Those empty cans help out a lot compared to not having anything on. 

Just from the appearance of the DS shroud with the "silencer" looking piece on the end I'm surprised it passes for unsilenced. Is it because its all fixed. Curios too is how FX made this Crown different from the US models, just Loctited in the retracted position? What if it was temporary unLoctited slid forward a little and resealed "permanently".

Just curious

jk