.25 cal JSB Kings vs. Air Arms 25.4 grain pellets

Well, finally got around to shooting the .25 JSB Kings and .25 Air Arms 25.4 grain pellets at 52 yards in my fairly new EDGun R5M. Each of the four groups is 9 shots which is one mag. The JSB on left, AA on right. The gun isn’t broken in yet so these will tighten up after a thousand pellets or so. Shot on bench with bipod and rear rest. Obvious winner is JSB. ‘Nuff said.

1540168116_19029956855bcd19b47e91a0.96212331_DF4E3C71-A21C-4851-B703-17B5710A984E.jpeg

@blackice, Not sure, they looked fine to me visually. And remember, I used them in a relatively new EDgun R5M, I think the LW barrel is about 19 inches. Could have different results with a different gun, like a CZ barrel (they seem to like everything), or an ST or STX barrel. Want to buy a few tins of AA from me? ;)

Centercut per your recommendation I bought a new R5m long. Shooting my current stock of jsb King's at 34 yards I'm getting 5 shot groups of less than a quarter of an inch. I think I can do better with more practice. I was shooting them at about 920 feet per second. When I jacked up the speed to 940 the groups opened up to over an inch. You are willing to send the like 20 AA pellets for testing they work okay I may buy them off you.

I am running low on Kings and I'm wondering should I switch to MK2 Heavy's. Also bought some Grizzlies don't seem to group very well and shoot a little slow since there are like slugs. I'm thinking maybe I can machine a unchoked lothar Walther barrel and see how it works. I like the ballistic coefficient and pricing of the Grizzlies. In looking briefly at the dimensions of Edgun Barrel looks like a stock off the shelf lothar Walther Barrel we'll fit right in after threading two ends in crowning the muzzle.