25 cal - Impact, Wildcat, Vulcan, Cricket,

I have an FX Wildcat 22 and love it. Really like the high shot count, and its pretty damn accurate. I am going to purchase a 25 cal gun for a little more knock down power. I was pretty set on the Impact for its flexiblity of going to a .30 cal in the future. I know the Wildcat 25 would be great because my 22 is awesome, but I am tempted to get something different just to try out other guns...

Would you go with an FX Impact, Vulcan or possibly a cricket? They all seem to have good reviews on shot count. I hear tons of rave reviews on the accuracy of the Vulcan. Teds Holdover really liked the Impact and reports extreme accuracy with it. Will the longer barrel guns be more accurate?

Looking for input from people who have experience with either of these. If anybody has experience with all of them thats even better.

The longer barrel means more power and efficiency from the air but not necessarily more accuracy if the power is optimized for the barrel length properly. 

My Mutant Shorty is about the same as my Cricket 25 in accuracy and it has a much shorter barrel. 

You will get more shots from a Wildcat and Cricket 25 than a Vulcan but they are all great guns so just get the one you like best. 

They all have pros and cons. It's just going to be about deciding which features matter most based on what you use it for.

Personally, I don't like to own two of the same gun either so I tend to choose something else in a different caliber just to try something new.

Now that the Vulcan has a side-lever upgrade, a synthetic stock and some decent LDC add-ones, it's starting to look like one tempting gun to me.

I have a Gen 4 Vulcan .25 synthetic......love it. Get about 40 shots on a fill in the high 890's. The new side lever is awesome! Adjustable but pad lets you get proper cheek weld. With a Donny Du Fat Boy LDC, this thing is super quiet and still only 32" long. Pellet on pellet when I do my part. Customer service is top notch and quick from the actual owner himself. 

I had a Cricket .25 synthetic, but hated the weight, the length (with an LDC), and the cocking mechanism was cumbersome. Deadly accurate though. Vulcan is just as accurate though.

"txaggie929"I have a Gen 4 Vulcan .25 synthetic......love it. Get about 40 shots on a fill in the high 890's. The new side lever is awesome! Adjustable but pad lets you get proper cheek weld. With a Donny Du Fat Boy LDC, this thing is super quiet and still only 32" long. Pellet on pellet when I do my part. Customer service is top notch and quick from the actual owner himself. 

I had a Cricket .25 synthetic, but hated the weight, the length (with an LDC), and the cocking mechanism was cumbersome. Deadly accurate though. Vulcan is just as accurate though.

How is the sound level of the Vulcan? I know its subjective unless you have something to compare it to...

Unpopular advice: Sit tight and enjoy your .22 Wildcat. You probably don't actually NEED more knock-down power, right?

Maybe treat it to a top-of-the-line scope and rings. Schedule a sweet hunting trip with it.

Or get a .177 and take up field target; that is a REALLY fun airgun sport and really mixes it up. Gives you something to shoot for, besides always just plinking, hunting or target shooting.

I have the wildcat 25 set up to shoot the 25 grain jsb's and the impact in 25 set up to shoot the 34 grain jsb's. I can't say enough good about the wildcat. It's my go gun. Amazingly accurate and constant. Don't have to worry about bumping it and having the poi change. It rides around on the backseat of my truck. The magazine is one of the best features. Load with one hand. Just easy. But you have the 22 Wildcat so you know all this. The 25 bucks the wind much better then the 22. I shoot mine out to 100 yards. The impact is a different animal. I would still rate it as an exceptional gun. It's a blast to shoot and play with all the tuning. I've learned a lot playing with it. BUT, all the tunability can be a double edged sword. You can get it so far out of tune that it will drive you nuts. Every impact should be issued with a notebook so you can log what you do. When you put the settings back it will come right back in tune and do it every time. Mine is tuned to shoot the jsb 34 grain and after I found the sweet spot I've had no reason to change it. But you cane if you would like. It has one weak spot in my opinion and that is the magazine. After you have loaded the wildcat magazine everything else is just inconvenient. As for the other choices you mentioned, I have never owned any of them. They get good reviews though. Good luck

Hi all and Zebra

Always wanting to learn more re air shooting. Where is the info please iro longer barrelled guns having more power and efficiency?

re.25 calibre versus .22 - feel advantages for former has better balistics at longer ranges , say 100 and over , as .25 pellets have better ballistic efficiency. They also carry more knock down power in standard guns. Ie .22 normally around 30 fpe and .25 around 45 fpe.

Imo of the 4 guns mentioned

cocking lever lets some down
magazine system lets some down
some are a little lighter
some have better shot count
one is less powerful
one is more powerful
some make better target guns
some make better hunting guns

Suggest try all before buying

have fun choosing

safe shooting