25 cal. HP Slugs @ 173 yards "Exploding" water filled cans. A short 2 Min. Video

Forums PCP Airguns 25 cal. HP Slugs @ 173 yards "Exploding" water filled cans. A short 2 Min. Video

• Views : 714
  • Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

This is what a 38gr. slug @ 940 FPS does at 175 yards to water filled cans. The pop sound is a lot like a gun shot. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the remaining power of this round at 175 yards. HP still preforms good. 

Sorry about the picture quality. I wanted the sound from far away and the sun shining at the camera to shine threw the water on full zoom.  Not good for photography. 

Modified Cricket 35 cal. to 25 cal. shooting 75 FPE. 

Only way I can get it here. Sorry about that. 

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by Long_Shot.
    Link

markT
    Participant

Aint working 

Link

stoti
    Participant

I tried to play the video and it wouldn't work. Too bad! I hope you get it up and running!

Okay. it's working now, thanks! Nice shooting!

Stoti

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by stoti.
    Link

Bob_O
    Participant

Worked for me just now.

Very nice L_S……very impressive! 

🙂

Link

2manyAirGunz
    Participant

👍

Great shooting!

Link

Imold
    Participant

Nice shooting.

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Yes!!! Great shooting! What kind of slugs?

Link

Regarval
    Participant

What 25 barrel did you use? Great shooting btw!

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Thanks for the nice compliments guys. 

C.B.Daddy  –  My slug, made with Corbin swaging dies/press.

Regarval  –  It's a TJ   1 – 22 twist  barrel. 

Link

cbuckley
    Participant

I have contemplated swaging my own slugs because I already have a high-end co-ax press that I use for my powder burners.  I'm not sure I can find a swaging die that will work with my press or if it is even hefty enough to swage.

How are you liking your Corbin?

Link

golfer70
    Participant

That’s too cool!

Link

JamesD.
    Participant

Long_Shot

This is what a 38gr. slug @ 940 FPS does at 175 yards to water filled cans. The pop sound is a lot like a gun shot. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the remaining power of this round at 175 yards. HP still preforms good. 

Sorry about the picture quality. I wanted the sound from far away and the sun shining at the camera to shine threw the water on full zoom.  Not good for photography. 

Modified Cricket 35 cal. to 25 cal. shooting 75 FPE. 

Only way I can get it here. Sorry about that. 

Sorry but please clarify for me Sir. 940 fps @ muzzle or on target at 173 yards? If at 173 yards still going 940 what in tarnation is your muzzle velocity & BC? Your flight time does seem very short & they are hammering those jugs. If I saw it with no sound or description I’d think .22 mag or .17WSM. Not quite as explosive as a .22-250 but dam impressive.

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

cbuckley  –  The Corbin setup saved my airgunnig hobby truthfully. Well worth the cost in my opinion. 

I'm going to Corbins today as a matter of fact. I have a rebated boat tail design for the base they will make for me. 

JamesD  –  That's 940 FPS @ the muzzle. 

Link

TXPlinker
    Participant

Way to COOL!!!!

Link

markT
    Participant

Wow, that is impressive! It does act like a 17 hmr. 

Well done! 

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Here's what happens to the bottom of those cans if you hit about  1"  to 1.25"  from the bottom at that range. 

The water has a bit of power pushing it to bend the bottom like that. Smashing it into the wood post that hard.. Kind of blew my skirt up. 

I just about dislocated my thumb the other day, trying to put a dent in the center of the bottom of one of those cans. 

This can only had about 1/2 it's volume. I had clipped it 1/2 way down and it drained to that level. So I hit the middle of the bottom 1/2 (almost) …..and that's what it did.

Link

darkcharisma
    Participant

can you post some pictures of the slug and give us the twist rate of your barrel?

thanks i found your twist rate

Link

Ydunn.223
    Participant

Can we please see the slugs that you are shooting. 

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Here's the slugs I was shooting.  38.1gr. going  936 – 940 FPS @ the muzzle.   

They'er in the video. The ones in the video that are expanded were shot through one of the cans at that range.  

I was at Corbin today to get a rebated boat tail design I have wanted…..Hope it does what I'm pretty sure it will do…..Superior BC. 

Link

Ydunn.223
    Participant

Let us know how the boat tail does for you,

it appears that the slug is shooting well already.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.