.25 cal choice need opinions

Looking to move up to the .25. For cost reasons is why these are my choices. I'm lookin at the Hatsan Bullboss or the BT65. I currently have a at44-10qe. 22. I'm in central valley California so my main purpose is Ground squirrels, collared dove, pigeons. The .22 does ok but I'm looking for a more power and punch and to keep accurate. Most of my shots are 40 to 80 yrds. I was wanting to get into the bullpup world but the bt65 is tempting. Thanks for any input

I have no first hand knowledge on the bull boss . I have a Hatsan Gladius and it definitely would be able to take care of your squirrel problem. What I hate about the gun it weighs too much (12#+ w/scope). For the type of hunting your looking at I wouldn’t recommend any rifle scope combo that’s more than 8.5 pounds. It’s just too tiresome walking around and bringing a heavy gun to target . I think you would be better off with a used $1000+ rifle than a new $500 one. The only hunting I’ve done where I don’t have a problem with weight is sitting in a blind . 

Great input. I really don't do much offhand shooting. For squirrels I'm posted up and the birds are mainly on my brother inlaws dairy so it's easy to shoot off of a building, fence or truck door. And if I'm not wrong it looks like the bullboss and bt65 are knida the same weight. But the weight distribution is clearly different. My boy is going to pitch in Cooperstown this summer so a 1000 bucks is a 1000 bucks, out of the question lol
Cone- I am south of modesto.

I’m also from the Central Valley and had a couple AT44 in .25 cal before. Hastsan makes pretty accurate air rifles. However I sold all of mine for a couple of reasons. Weight was heavy, low shot count, the QE design was still loud compare to other rifles, very little aftermarket parts, the auto safety was annoying and bulky. 

For the budget all around .25 Cal rifle with plenty of parts available. I switched to the Benjamin Marauder. With some upgrades and tunning it’s a great shooter for the distance you’ll be using it for. 

My 2 cents is this: You may want to look outside of the bullpup realm and open up new possibilities well within your price range. Don’t rule out .22 either, that’ll open up even more! 

Marauder - can’t go wrong for the $. Loved mine.

Umarex Gauntlet- heard good things and they’re only $300

Benjamin’s new Fortitude. I believe they’re hitting back at Umarex with this one. Looks like a nice rifle that should be very affordable.

Used Talon? Condor? 

Used Korean .22 or .25. They are hammers

Ive bought dozens of used airguns over the years and have had very good luck. As someone else mentioned, dollar for dollar, you’ll get way more gun. 

HTH,

Brian 

"scrane"My HM1000 RAW shooting 25gr JSBs at ~860 fps does great on ground squirrels here in Idaho. Hits them hard (wop!) and kills them dead pretty consistently out to about 80 yds.""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Is this RAW a bullpup???????
Its about 47 inches long isnt it?
It doesnt even come close to a bullpup , does it?...........................................................................

To address the OPS concerns.
Forget about calibers. And what you've heard.
This is not what makes 1/4 inch holes at 50 yards.

"ShootistX"
"scrane"My HM1000 RAW shooting 25gr JSBs at ~860 fps does great on ground squirrels here in Idaho. Hits them hard (wop!) and kills them dead pretty consistently out to about 80 yds.""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Is this RAW a bullpup???????
Its about 47 inches long isnt it?
It doesnt even come close to a bullpup , does it?...........................................................................
To address the OPS concerns.
Forget about calibers. And what you've heard.
This is not what makes 1/4 inch holes at 50 yards.
Yeah not sure how the RAW fits into his budget either.

Gotcha scrane. I'm definitely going .25. So here's how Im leaning. Bt65 I know it's not winning in the size and weight dept but the knock down power out of the box maybe combined with a regulator could give decent shot count and accuracy. Next of course is the MROD. Great aftermarket but might have to take a little more effort to hit hard. Besides the Bullboss I haven't seen another bullpup offering that performance for under 8 or 9 hundred bucks in .25. I like my at44-10qe. 22 I just want the damge factor to reach out further. It can't be avoided sometimes that you just don't get a perfect shot everytime.