.25 Bobcat mkll fps?

Antj

Feb 8, 2016
In need of a little info. I just traded for the above rifle. I would like to know a few numbers that you guys are getting with your .25 bobcat? I do not own a chrony and I want to use chairgun for long range. I am using the 25g kings. My reg is set at 140 bar I fill to 220-200bar. My question's are, what fps is your bobcat shooting the kings and what bar do you stop shooting? Thank you for your help!

MOD edit: moved to PvP section

Hey there and thanks for responding. I think regulated and unregulated rifles have different numbers because of the regulator. I need someone who has the same rifle because I am sure the numbers would be similar. I actually did see your post and that was a awesome hunt you went on. Those were some giant iguanas! Continue to give us great post with that beast you have Sir.

and most likely its shooting close to box so if its is, a buddie of mine just got a mk2 and his pellets are shooting at 910-915 I know there kings since there where mine lol
​cant say with your exact numbers though although I have to ask what power are you shooting at as that makes a difference

​also although the numbers will always vary a fast reference you can find here
http://www.straightshooters.com/fx-bobcat-25-caliber.html

"Monkyshine"Take note he did say power level two. There is power level three he did not list for you.
This is a difficult one, some BC's have 2 power levels, some have 3.
My BC mk2 had 3 power settings. Transfer port of the highest setting is 4.5mm. Mine did 880fps with kings and was as accurate as can be.
Power is one thing, but I rather go for accuracy, even when it is shooting a tad slower. Hitting my target is prio 1 for me.

My .25 mkII came with a bad regulator which AOA replaced and set my gun up.I was told to fill to 240 bar which gives me 83 kill shots per fill. Shooting at 909 fps,a spread of 16 fps, and a deviation of 4. I will shoot down to 160 Bar keeping it above the regulator setting. I am using JSB exact King (25.39) lubricated as I started out with some accuracy problem and that was AOA recommendation and it worked.

Wizard those are fabulous numbers! Never touch a thing. If I new a regulator could go that high a charge (3480) and down to (2320) I will check on getting one installed after all. Did you come up with the info yourself or did they include that?. I hate stomping all into your thread here Antj but this wizard is giving me exciting information!

"Antj"Interesting fellas. My bobcat only has two power setting. I did have a BC mkl which had three settings. AoA says the lowest setting was too low for a .25 so they removed the lowest setting. With so many different numbers I may have to purchase a chrony to see what my rifle is doing.
My Bobcat was a Swedish 10 joules version, which I powered up to full power. I've read stories there are also Royale 500's with 2 and 3 power levels.
Setting 1 was indeed slow, about 12ft/lbs. Not very usefull indeed. It is however possible to drill the nr 1 setting port to a bigger diameter.

The Bobcat MK2 25 Cal has only 2 pwr settings. On high with the 25 Kings my spread is now down to 4fps over the 80 shots at 878. I am not going to change a thing. With these numbers the consistency is amazing. That is 1/2 inch ctc at 50 yards. I use the Pwr level 1, 140 shots with a spread of 8fps and 654 for the backyard varmit. Very, Very quiet with plenty of killing power. Accuracy, yes, with exactly 1 1/2 inch change POI at 50 yards with scope set to 10 power as a comparison to Pwr level 2. I for one want the accuracy and I have it just as it came from AoA. The rifle did have a learning curve but after 16 tins of 350 Kings the rifle is settled in and performs.
When I want to experiment I grab the Marauders that I have which are non regulated and play with settings til the sun goes down. Love them and will keep them but the FX Bobcat MK2 will easily reach the 100 yard mark and still have accuracy and power (fpe) that satisfies all of my needs for now.
There are always other inputs that a shooter must deal with such as wind directions, gusts and precipitation. We all corrrect for those slightly misplaced shots but I have a rifle that can do the job and it is up to me to eliminate as many input errors as possible and deal with the outside influences I can based on experience and practice.