.25 and .22 both have a heavy 25.39

There's more to it than just one pellet. If you're using .22 and .25, then a 25gr pellet will have a better BC in .22. However, there are heavier weights in .25 that aren't offered in .22 that will have an even better BC. The same thing applies to .30 vs .25 or any other pellet or even slugs. Granted, the jump from .25 to .30 is much more significant than the jump from .22 to .25, but for selecting a caliber, it depends on what your needs are. I use MKII JSB king heavies because they have a better BC than the 44gr .30 pellets (and TN doesn't allow hunting small game with anything bigger than .25), but if I decided I need .30 for extra FPE or otherwise, I could get the 50gr and have an even better BC. So to your point of long-range benchrest, larger calibers tend to dominate, so if you can get .30 I'd say go for it. But, if you're participating in more specific disciplines like NRL22 where you can only use slugs up to .25, then just be aware of that.

I wouldn't go so far as say a .25 is pointless. If you have or are buying will to buy a .22 capable of pushing the 25g redesigned to delver the best speed than it should do better than a .25 with the same weight pellet. Just gotta keep in mind that many .22's cant produce enough power to do this, especially for longer ranges. I have a .22 coming later this week that I'm going to attempt this with but like many, it was theoretically designed to shot the 18ish grain pellets in the low 900's. Best report on this gun I've seen is 849 with presummed stock reg setting and maxed hammed spring.

I've been doing very well with the same gun in .25 with the 34g MKII's at 870-880. .

I agree with the BC of the 25 grain .22 being better than the 25 grain .25. And also that a Heavy .25 pellet in the 34 grain area has a good (but not better) BC than the 25 grain .22 pellet. Both have a better BC than the 45 grain 30 and approx. the same as the 50 grain 30.

However, what wasn't mentioned is accuracy and reliability. The 25 JSB King is without a doubt one of the most accurate pellets I've ever shot, plus they are also the most consistent. Yes, the BC isn't as good and they'll have more drop at farther distances, but they are damn accurate and damn predictable. Plus out to about 125 yards or so, that ground squirrel won't know the difference between the FPE its hit with when both have energy to spare at that distance...

So no matter what the BC, drop, or speed, if you can't hit the target you can't kill the target... ;) Accuracy trumps power almost every time.

I agree with the BC of the 25 grain .22 being better than the 25 grain .25. And also that a Heavy .25 pellet in the 34 grain area has a good (but not better) BC than the 25 grain .22 pellet. Both have a better BC than the 45 grain 30 and approx. the same as the 50 grain 30.

However, what wasn't mentioned is accuracy and reliability. The 25 JSB King is without a doubt one of the most accurate pellets I've ever shot, plus they are also the most consistent. Yes, the BC isn't as good and they'll have more drop at farther distances, but they are damn accurate and damn predictable. Plus out to about 125 yards or so, that ground squirrel won't know the difference between the FPE its hit with when both have energy to spare at that distance...

So no matter what the BC, drop, or speed, if you can't hit the target you can't kill the target... ;) Accuracy trumps power almost every time.

The 25 Kings are indeed KINGS!

1594661371_14100057135f0c99fb9ccab1.57829857.png