.25/.30 caliber air gun for hunting little to no tinkering

I guess that the most trouble free guns out there are the Eastern European guns. I have a Vulcan2 Tactic in .25, a Uragan in .25 and a Cricket in .25. I do not have yet, but fully intend to get a Taipan Veteran sometime this year. The only troubles I have had with the Vulcans or the Cricket are related exclusively to the breech seals so if you don't mind playing around with putting in a new barrel oring once in awhile you'll probably be happy. An additional plus is that the Vulcans and Crickets are wonderfully accurate right out of the box. Yeah, I've got Marauders and an Impact and a Wildcat and a Edgun R5M … but mine (and I'm just talking about personal experience) do not come up to the Vulcans and the Cricket in terms of accuracy and the ability to take a lickin' and keep on tickin' ❕

Shalom

John

I love those Eastern European girls, but some of them are really heavy. If they work well and are accurate out of the box, I may give them a go.

If you want lightweight, check out the Leshiy. From what I hear, it’s Super Easy to work on. Available in wide range of calibers. .177 to .35. Inevitably they all require maintenance, but some require more than others. & some have Many points of failure. 

I would also call Charlie at Georgia Airguns & ask him about the .30 Uragan & his service. Pretty sure he will re-seal the gun as long as you own it. Will cost ya 0 to check it out.