Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

2240 shoulder stock option’s.

Forums Air Pistols Air Pistols – Discussion 2240 shoulder stock option’s.

• Views : 182
  • Link

pricelessppp
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +0

Hi y’all! I’ve been enjoying plinking my 2240 for over a month or so since I got it! I might consider grabbing a shoulder stock of some kind for when I do get a longer barrel length. I’m looking in between either a AR15 shoulder stock adapter or more of a traditional wood style shoulder stock. I’m looking between Tom west customs or one of the MRP customs thumbhole stocks. Also I’m curious are there any bullpup style compact chassis like they have for the marauder but for the 22xx?

Link

biohazardman
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +76

My vote would be for Tom West he has been around for many years making beautiful stocks for the 22xx guns and does great werq!

If you want an AR style stock a more simple adapter can easily be made to fit them, by anyone with a lathe, like this one.  The front is turned down to fit inside the 22xx, or in this case, a Discovery tube.  Then drilled and taped for the breech and gripframe screws.  The rear, of the adapter, is tuned down to fit inside of the buffer tube which just slides over the adapter and is a press fit.  Easy to fit easy to break down.  No threading involved no bulky adapters.  I left my threads bare but they could have some shrink tube over them if someone feels the need to hide them.

If you want to get fancy, like I did you can drill and tap the adapter for a power adjuster and just use a Delrin rod between the adjuster screw and the spring.

Link

pricelessppp
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +0

Nice setup! Where did you get that multi shot breach? Also I might think of getting a Tippmann side folder for my 22xx. I don’t need the power adjuster I just looking for a normal end cap adapter for the 98 stock. And Tom west is also on my list.

Link

biohazardman
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +76

The breech is a BNM unit he no longer makes them but a very similar one is made in the UK

https://gmaccustomparts.com/custom-parts-mods-upgrades?p=2

I did this with a Tipman folding wire stock but the gun was stolen and they quit making the stock so I could not make another.

gmac also makes a style of Tipman 98 to 22xx adapter as well

https://gmaccustomparts.com/22xx-black-stock-adaper-98

Link

dan_house
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +3

IMO the 1399 stock suffers from a couple issues… way too long and way too low at the "comb" for scope work. You can mod them: add a cheek riser, cut the stock down…..

Ive had a couple AR stock adapters, and both begin to loosen up after using them hard for a while. So even brand new they seemed like it always needed tightening up.Never felt really solid to me  The advantage of this setup though is, you can get a folding adapter, which makes the gun backpackable

I'll second Bio's recommendation of Tom''s stuff. Way cool stuff!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.