.22 Wildcat vs .25 Wildcat noise level

Forums PCP Airguns .22 Wildcat vs .25 Wildcat noise level

• Views : 508
  • Link

TheB34rded1
    Participant

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new gun but can’t decide. The smaller package of the .22 intrigues me. The power of the .25 also has me drooling, I can’t decide.  But, my main deciding factor is noise. Anyone have experience with both and want to share?

K. Clark

Link

SDellinger
    Participant

I just talked to a friend who has had both. He says the 25 cal by a teeny bit. Hope that helps.

Link

TheB34rded1
    Participant

It does, thanks. I was leaning that way anyway so that just pushed me over the edge. 👍🏼

Link

skorec
    Participant

The  noise should be higher by the same value  as  power value.
    4,5 (.177): 24 J • 18 ft/lbs ,  5,5 (.22): 41 J • 30 ft/lbs ,   6,35 (.25): 65 J • 47 ft/lbs

Link

Kitplanenut
    Participant

I have and shoot both. With no moderator the 25 is louder as expected. The difference is noticeable, but not enough to surprise you. I have used the FX moderator sections. With just the two ends and no cup I would estimate that it drops the noise level by over half. I would consider it back-yard friendly at this stage. As you add cups it gets quieter but not by much. Maybe another 15%. I really se no advantage gain after two cups. I have been shooting mine with just the two ends and have been more then happy. I like to keep them short for handling. Just lately I have put a baffled NC on the 22 and a Huggett on the 25. Now they are extremely quiet and unless you set both on the bench and shoot one right after the other they sound about the same. The pellet impact is louder then the gun. Hope this helps. Your going to really like the Wildcat. They are great guns

Link

SmokingTRG
    Participant

I have a .22 Wildcat, and to be honest, it’s pretty loud in stock form. I did shoot it in my backyard for a while without any complaints from the neighbors, though. I put a Neil Clague on it and it is very backyard friendly.

Link

TheB34rded1
    Participant

Thanks for the info. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.