.22 Weihrauch HW97K accuracy – 10 shot group from bench.

Forums Springers, Pumpers, C02, & Vintage .22 Weihrauch HW97K accuracy – 10 shot group from bench.

• Views : 447
  • Link

bdzjlz
    Participant

Already shared directly with a few of my AGN friends, above is a 10 shot group executed earlier this morning on my 18 yard indoor range.  The rifle is stock except for a Vortek Sho kit.  The pellets used were H&N Field Target Trophy 14.66 grains. The velocity average was 670 fps, producing approximately 15 ft lbs of energy, measured 2 ft from the muzzle.  The scope used is a  Hawke Airmax SF30 8-32×56, set at 24X.  

This group is very typical of the norm with this rifle.  I own an AA TX200 in .177 that is beautiful to look at and very accurate as well but I would hate to have to give either of them up.

Link

Green_Yamo
    Participant

wow, nice job!  that's a shooter for sure.

Link

brad870
    Participant

Weihrauch barrels are just simply hard to out shoot with a good shooter.

Link

bubblerboy64
    Participant

I have found that you have to stretch out there a little further to “tell” much more then that there is potential there.  If I didn’t shoot good at 18 yards and some don’t it’s not a keeper.  My goal is and inch or under at 50 yards and I get excited if i can shoot 1 1/2,at 100.  Given perfect conditions of course   If you are testing at close yards it probably better to shot at dots the size of a pellet one shot at each dot rather then a group.   You can tell more that way.  If you can hit a very small dot and repeat it might give you a better idea.   Even smaller then a pellet maybe depending on scope maginification .  Just a suggestion . 

Link

bdzjlz
    Participant

I fully concur.  Shot the same combination outside last week – 8 mph wind from the back.  Range was exactly 50 yards.  Two different groups, both in the 1" range, which for a spring rifle seemed to be pretty good to me.  My really good pcps are not much better than that on a perfect day.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by bdzjlz.
    Link

harrympope
    Participant

my couple of hw rifles I had were pretty fussy in .22.Both liked the FTT pellets yours like also.while my Walther barreled. 22 rifles seemed less so and even shot Wal-Mart tin crosman 14.3 pellets pretty well.

Link

GoldenStateAIRGUNer
    Participant

That is a great group for 5 shots let alone 10 shots ! Nice !

Link

TiredRooster
    Participant

Very nice shooting. Ten shots with that tight of a group is something to be proud of. That 97k is something…….good job!

Link

damienblack
    Participant

That's pretty nice shooting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.