Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

.22 Taipan "X"

Forums PCP Airguns PCP Airgun – Discussion .22 Taipan "X"

• Views : 636
  • Link

jmmartinez573
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +16

First of all big shout out to MtnGhost. He is such a asset to airgun community!

Got my taipan veteran long .22 from Utah Airguns and it was pretty sweet. Shot very good with Hades, fx 25gr and hn 18gr pellets. 3/4 inch to 1/2 groups are the norm with the factory CZ barrel at 50-60 yards.

Went through a short financial crisis and almost parted ways with the gun and then I got to keep it and I'm glad I did.

I asked Gino about the FX barrel adapter he makes for the Veteran and luckily at the time, he had time to make me one. I love the veteran platform and I love FX barrels, so seem like the perfect marriage. Lol

Here it is with a 600mm Impact barrel installed. I am using the factory Vet Long Shroud. It all went together without a hitch!

Now the Taipan is shooting all the same pellets even better. And slugs are now a possibility! So far I've only tried 17.5 gr .217 NSA slugs and they were nearly hole in hole at 25 yards. Can't wait to test further distances.

I believe I could even install a power plenum on the gun and not have the air tube protrude past the end of the shroud. That may be in the works soon.

Happy shooting AGN!

Link

Mr.H
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +2

That's cool!  Can't wait to see some target pics at 50+ yds.

Link

Motorhead
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +80

Nice stock choice … can relate !

Link

17reed98
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +0

Excited to see your groups! It blows my mind with the skills and talent that are on this forum, there was another post awhile back with a Taipan/FX barrel combo and it's a really impressive combo, I'm hopeful to get one…one of these days, but until then I get to live it through everyone's post. Congrats on the marriage!

Link

jdanvers
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +2

* Nice *   😉

Link

Ranchibi
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +11

Jacob, glad you were able to keep that Taipan and now have it with a FX barrel shooting how you want it! Beautiful gun.

Link

mtnGhost
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +53

Looking good with the red and gold!! The Taipans shoot astonishingly well with the FX barrels. Those Delrin sleeves that make up the extra 1mm barrel OD dampen the barrel system perfectly!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by mtnGhost.
    Link

Gwatkins
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +0

Where did you buy the 600mm FX barrel system?

Link

jmmartinez573
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +16

Bought the Impact barrel from Alamo Airguns in San Antonio, TX.

Got some groups for yall guys finally, 5 shot groups  at 70 yards in inconsistent wind. I am using the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12 scope. DairyBoy and his compact veteran gave me inspiration to buy this scope. Love the reticule! That electric pole is 90 yards away. Scope is at 12x.

18gr FX pellets going 915fps. This is a used target, groups of the Taipan with FX barrel are circled. You can see the wind pushed the pellets a bit. All shots single loaded with except the group off the target on the cardboard. That was my best group probably since I shot those in the same wind because I used the magazine that time.

Tanto is on the way so I can put the fill port cover back in. Love this gun.

Link

mtnGhost
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +53

BTW, If you're using plenum extensions, I can make some shroud extensions in black Delrin that have a 1/2-20" male thread with 7075 aluminum. It brings the end of the shroud past the air tube, so you can either run a moderator of any size or just not have a weird looking rifle lol.

Pictures are probably better than trying to explain it..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMBwS4YBxzt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.