.22 Sniper Magnums: the pellet slug?

With all the hoopla surrounding slugs lately, I was looking for something to feed my Steyr Hunting 5 semi auto. JSB 18ers have been fine but I was just looking for more ballistic coefficient. My buddy had some of what I was just looking for, the H&N Sniper Magnums. He said they didn’t shoot well in his Weirauch so I was welcome to them. So I tried em out. 17.9 grainers hit same POI as my JSB 18.3’s. They grouped just as tight! I didn’t get to run their legs off, but the closer shots seemed to smack the ground squirrels harder. Perhaps it was my imagination, my wanting... These are the pellets that are shaped kinda like slugs and just might make my gun hit harder a little farther. 

I changed my post to reflect the data I used from hard air magazines ballistic coefficients, in which they did in fact use the ga drag model.

very interesting, when I did alot of my ballistics work in 2010 working with hurricane innovative products the GA drag model didn’t exist, so I used the g1 for all of my work.

Looks like I am going to have to download strelock and do some tinkering.

Also bob, the projectiles (slugs)I helped develop (which I still have some of) are ballistically superior to anything else anyone currently offers. They have a g1 bc of 0.112 bc and only weigh 29.0 grains.

The company I worked for back then is now long gone but I am toying with the idea of bringing them back.

Varmint Knockers!!!! I’ve got a pile ready to test in the .25 700mm slug liner... if it ever gets here! I’m ready to start shooting long again! 

You know Bob, I’ve been shooting at 100, 130 150 and 180yds with the 33.95 MKII’s and if the wind isn’t blowing above 10mph, they shoot awesome out of the new Impact. Pretty surprising how well. The other thing that’s Surprising is how fast you can push them and still get very accurate results. If you believe everything that’s posted on line, nobody would shoot them past 920-930fps. I’ve been testing at 980fps and they’re still as stable and accurate as at any other velocity! Can’t wait to get the slug liner though. 

Stoti