.22 Slug barrel advice wanted

Hello All,

I have begun the process of sourcing parts and formulating a rebuild plan for one of my RAWs. This build will be for a non-X model. 

Either way, I am going back and forth whether to build a platform for heavier pellets, or lighter slugs. I would prefer the barrel to be 17”-19”. I have a BSA barrel for the build, but like all BSA barrels it is choked. My current barrel is 24”LW barrel with choke.

Turns out that the BSA barrel may not be ideal for slugs since it has a choke.

I forget if the Polygon barrels have a choke. And, are the Polygon barrels slug friendly? Ideally, I would like a barrel that is both pellet and slug friendly. But I am not clear if a one trick pony exists. Martin is already privy to my future build and he thinks what I am after is possible. My question in this thread is to gain knowledge and opinions regarding barrel choice. I didn’t want to keep Martin on the line too long with a bunch of “what if” questions.

Thanks in advance,

A TJ would work well in that size, I would go that route first. Second choice would be LW polygonal (unchoked). LW also does special orders for custom specs / twist rates, but the minimum order is 10 barrels. You can use this calculator for general bullet stability info with different barrel specIfications: https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/