.22 pellets

• Views : 680
  • Link

Deerstalker
    Participant

I am sorry if this is an old question but I did not find a search function.  My question is what is the recommended .22 cal pellets for general use & thanks in advance for your help?

Note – I was having accuracy problems with my Benjamin Air Rifle and the artillery rifle hold really helped resolve my problem which was recommend by folks on this board.

Link

shambozzie
    Participant

Deerstalker, try  some jsb's 14.3, 15.9 for starters. Also add some H&N' to the mix. Hope this help.

Link

intenseaty22
    Participant

The search function is now in the submenu. Just click on the red line bar on top. As for the pellets, look to see what others with the same rifle are using and start there. But it is too broad of a question as even the same model guns will vary from gun to gun. JSB is definetely a good place to start. Good luck. 

Link

markfina
    Participant

My Diana likes JSB 15.89 , 14.3 Premier hollow points and H&N 12.35 Baracuda Green  but hates JSB 14.3 and 13.43 go figure ?

Link

addertooth
    Participant

Deerstalker,

Which Benjamin break barrel do you have?  My Benjamin trail np2 and Benjamin Regal II both like H&N Field Target Trophy (in the larger of two sizes), and the JSB exact King pellets.  

Both will reliably hit a penny at 25 meters.  

Link

ahnlaashock
    Participant

My first generation Trail loves the Umarex "Ruger" Superpoints at thirty yards.  Even better yet, Walmart and other such outlets that handle pellet rifles carry them. 

Clean, well formed, and accurate out of my specific rifle. 

Link

Windmill01
    Participant

Deerstalker I notice in your other post you say you have a Benjamin Trail. I own two Trails in 177 and 22 cals. I have tried as many various types of pellets I could get my hands on, unfortunately I don’t have the expanse of pellets available in the states. My 22 cal is quite accurate with the H&N FTT 14.66g and that was the rifle and pellets I used in the 100 yard golf ball challenge  See attached

https://youtu.be/LfGpQcBNefE

But as others have stated above you have to try different types before you find the pellet your rifle really likes. Happy hunting.

Gary

Link

broachoski
    Participant

EVERY barrel can be different and no 1 pellet fits any particular brand of gun. JSB, H&N, RWS Superdomes, etc etc etc are all great pellets and your gun may like. It also pays to pick up some Crosman 14.3gr Premier Hollow Points from Walmart for less than $6.00/500  and Crosman Ultra Magnums from Tractor Suppy for about $7.00  I have 2 rifles that love the Crosman HP's

For accuracy at much of a distance stay away from pointed and flat nose "target" pellets. A great pellet for 1 rifle may shoot like buckshot in another.

Link

ahnlaashock
    Participant

Until I tried the Ruger branded Superpoints, I would have agreed with the last poster about pointed pellets.  Not only are they accurate at thirty yards, they make more noise and thump on target by far. Clean, well formed pellets that all feel the same loading them, since they are all close to the same size. 

If they shoot well for you, buy a sleeve of them and never worry about it again if you are a hunter. If they don't, move on and find the one that does.  I went through about thirty or so various pellets before i bought the Superpoints that mine likes.  

The other two pellets it will group well with at thirty yards and stay in the scope adjustment, are both wadcutters!  .  

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.