.22 pellets

Hello, new to PCP and looking for a hollowpoint or good hunting pellet with accuracy potential of the JSB Jumbo Heavies I am currently shooting.

I have a few tins of Crosman and Benjamin hollowpoints for my nitro piston rifle and have tried them in the PCP but not as accurate as the JSBs are, but do those hollowpoints ever splatter fruit and vegetables more impressive than the JSB round nosed ! 

Any recommendations or just find some and try them ?? 

I had tins of hollow point Crosman Premiers and Benjamin Hollowpoints that I just shot several groups with at just 20 yards and they shot slightly larger groups than the JSB Jumbo Heavy , was pleasantly surprised to see the groups all have the same impact point. Might try a few on pests soon and see the terminal results and also get out in the desert to see how they do at longer ranges. 

I just tried the Predator Polymag shorts on red squirrels last week....a huge difference in terminal performance over the domed pellets.

The domed downed them just fine, but if you like exit wounds, the Polymags are what you want. ;-)

Do you have a fully rifled barrel? If so, you might take a look at NSA slugs. They are available in 22 caliber and up, and come in a wide variety of weights starting at 21gr.

I shot these last time out and they fly straight and hit very hard!!

I still have not tried any others besides the Crosman Premium Hollow Points and the JSB Heavies.
Only dispatched one critter with the Crosmans and it was a rabbit shot center of the neck high and it never twitched, spine was torn up at skull and wound was impressive.fully penetrated.
Dispatched several large Pigeons with the JSB Heavies and they hit hard ! All dropped and never flopped a bit or twitched. Purposely placed shots high in center chest, full penetration and pellets splattered on the concrete behind them.
shot distance between 20-60 yards.
For now sticking with JSB because of accuracy edge especially at distance. Crosman opened up at 50 to almost tripled the JSB which were just under one inch. shooting was in the field over truck toolbox and standing so I would imagine a little tighter from a bench

These PCP guns are damned fine and make me want to shoot more !!

As far as hollow points go, I don't worry much about them. No real difference between hollow points and the regular version of the pellets. I did some testing on the Crosman hollows vs the Crosman domes, and really couldn't tell the difference and the domes worked better for me.

​and Yes, we should buy the good ammunition and boycott the crap. I've got half dozen tins of the Gamo wadcutter pellets for target practice (indoor 5 meter range) and even at that close range, sometimes you get flyers because it's so stinking cheap. I guess at $.01 per pellet you can't expect much, but some uniformity would be nice.

The power output of the gun will affect the pellet choice, also. I have a .22 gun that shoots 36 FPE at full power. The 28.5 grain eungin pellets shoot very well. The 14.3 CPHP get funky past 30 yards. Try to include your FPE along with the pellet description for better information exchange.

FWIW... FPE formula follows:

Velocity*Velocity*grains/420450 = FPE
700 (feet per second)* 700 * 28 grains/ 420450 (magic number) = 32.6 FPE