.22 or .25 Benjamin marauder

I'm looking in to a marauder for my first pcp I just can't decide on the 22 or 25 I'll be using a hand pump for now. It will be a small game hunter like birds, cottontail, jacks, squirrels, and gophers. I'm looking for the best accuracy and stopping power at 50 yards and more if possible with a good to decent amount of shots please help me decide which to buy and tedsholdover I would like to know what you think as well

Thank you
The krazyirish

It is a real crap shoot on getting a good shooting .22 marauder. That is due to spotty barrel quality. The .25's are a wonderful gun with a good quality barrel. I would only recommend a .22 if you are into tinkering and modifying airguns.

The .25 will get 16 shots around 40fpe with jsb kings. Most .25 marauders prefer kings as do the majority of .25's.

I purchased the new synthetic Marauder in 25 and am very pleased with it's performance. With the JSB 25.4 gr pellets, which it prefers, at ca. 865 fps it will provide 16 shots with a 7fps ES and 2inch groups at 100 yards. My Airwolf in 25 performs a bit better at 100 yards for almost five times the price of the Marauder. The only minus to the Marauder in 25 is the number of shots from a fill.

A few months ago, I was faced with the same delimma of whether to get the .22 or .25 but not with the Marauder with Hatsan AT44 .22 or the BT65 .25. At that time, I opted for the AT44 .22. The .22 has been a great rifle and I can take nothing away from it's performance when I hunt. However, I recently decided to go ahead and get the BT65 in .25 and all I can say is wow. It is a totally different animal!! The .25 is definitely the way to go. Amazing accuracy, power, and much more forgiving with regard to shot placement. Get the .25 hands down!!

.22 has barrel issues. I bought a .25 and fitted it with a .22 top end (because of hunting restrictions). The top end was all new OEM parts, straight from Crosman. It just didn't shoot well, at all. Went back to .25 as the frustration level in that caliber is nil (super-accurate, just can't hunt with it:(. If you "must have" a .22, I'd suggest looking at another manufacturer. I only say this because I am still seeing questionable remarks regarding the .22 accuracy/consistency. If it must be a Marauder, get the .25, or plan on upgrading your .22 barrel (unless you get really lucky...there are those who say their .22 shoots great, but doesn't seem to be the majority). I have read good things about the WAR hammer forged replacement barrels.

...just occurred to me, have you considered the Discovery? It Has a huge aftermarket following. I bought one after my Marauder fiasco, and wish I'd have bought that first. As a first PCP, it has good accuracy, a reasonable shot
count (20-ish useable shots), is less expensive (seen refurbs for $180.00), is a lot lighter than the MRod, and most importantly: has a 2000 psi fill. That 2000 psi fill makes it easier to pump (if you're pumping) and means you get A LOT of fills out of 3000 psi scuba tank. Trigger sux, it's LOUD, and not a repeater, but Trigger can be fixed, noise can be silenced (mine is now as quiet as my MRod), and you can modify the heck out of the gun (even make it a repeater if you want to later). Just food for thought.