.22 Marauder backyard pest control

Thanks for all of the positive comments. MRodSniper, I have a UTG 6-24X56 scope. I think it's a great scope for the money. It is a little heavy, but it's not too bad. I've shot a little bit at 100 yards, but it was very windy that day. I still managed a 1 3/4" group with 5 shots. I'm sure I can get about an inch group with little to no wind. I have taken a ground hog at 85 yards, but didn't have my scope mount with me when I shot it. The pellet hit right where I wanted it to in the heart and he fell dead in his tracks. 

I did not paint any pellets. There is a huge pine tree in my back yard that lets in beams of sunlight that reflect off of the pellets. That and the fact that I'm shooting from inside of my house must give the best contrast to really pick up the pellet. Again, I must give credit for the accuracy to the hammer forged barrel I bought from Marmot Militia. Hands down the best thing you can buy for your .22 Marauder. 

To answer your question ztirffritz, I have way too many squirrels. That is the exact reason I bought my Marauder. I live in town and ate one of these squirrels and it was the worst tasting meat I've ever had. I've eaten my fair share of squirrels and love them, but I'll never eat a city squirrel again. I wouldn't feed them to my enemies army. Well, maybe my enemy, but that's it :)

Michael, From start to finish, everything is done on my iPhone. I made a scope mount for it and use iMovie to edit. The whole reason I switched to the iPhone was just for the slow motion video. Once I knew I needed a silent air rifle to take care of these squirrels, I headed to YouTube to find reviews. I stumbled upon Ted's videos and thought why can't I do it. Well, I'm not broke, but I don't have the money to buy high end rifles, high end cameras, and I'm not the best with a computer to edit. So I decided to try and do it with a budget. I bought a Marauder knowing it's easily and cheaply modded. Got my iPhone and made the scope mount with some scrap sheet metal that was given to me. I started my YouTube channel AverageGuyAirguns to show people you don't have to drop your kids college fund to post some cool videos with accurate airguns. I did drop just over $200 for a Marmot Militia hammer forged barrel and that's the only mod I've done to my marauder. It was worth every cent. So now I have an airgun that gets 30 shots per fill with a 20 fps spread at 30 ft lbs that will put down 1/2" groups at 50 yards all day long shooting these pests in my backyard putting it on YouTube with my phone and I've got less money into it than the cost of a high end rifle. I just wanted to prove anyone can have some fun making these videos and it won't cost them an arm and a leg. Sorry for the long winded response :)