.22 LGV's Redemption Song

Been struggling to get a clean kill with this gun lately, so today I did a little messing around and decided to give her another go tonight. I tried some JSBs 14gr instead of the 16's either Diabolo, Hades, or the 18gr. They were very accurate out to 25 yards, almost hole in hole. Speed was only 10fps more than the 16s, which had left me with a few runners lately. I also tried the Polymags and the Hornets, both of which I really like for hunting. Accuracy was not up to my standards, so 14grs it was. This sneaky fellow was chumping on one of my Pecans midway up the tree about 25 yards out and hiding behind some branches/leaves. 

Perfect body shot, dropped it without the ol breakdancing ritual. Pull, Thud, Thunk, Drop, and Done. Will see if it repeats. 
1571260267_12110424625da7876b923ea9.41841145_2211883F-F18F-48B8-906B-3FE11E5C0FE3.jpeg

I have an LGU in 177, same barrel as the V.

I did some serious research into the best pellets for accuracy and it seemed pellet diameter was one critical factor.

In no particular order these were found to the most accurate by users.

H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64grain ,56gm domed head (also recommended by the LGV/U users at my rifle club) 

Umarex Mosquito 7.40grain ,48gm flat head (I can achieve shot on shot at 18yards resting against a door frame with 4X scope).

Air Arms 8.4grain 4.52head

H&N Econ 7.17grain flathead

Field Target 7.86grain round head

Air Arms Diablo Field 8.42grain round head

It seem logical that a pellet that is (genuinely) made in the same country as the gun should be more consistent than a mass produced Chinese pellet sold globally under various brand names.

Spring guns are by design a one shot kill which to me means precision equipment and a high degree of repeatable accuracy, thus I would rather pay double or more for a pellet of consistent quality so I know any accuracy errors can be attributed directly to me. 

It seem logical that a pellet that is (genuinely) made in the same country as the gun should be more consistent than a mass produced Chinese pellet sold globally under various brand names.

Spring guns are by design a one shot kill which to me means precision equipment and a high degree of repeatable accuracy, thus I would rather pay double or more for a pellet of consistent quality so I know any accuracy errors can be attributed directly to me. 

Well, I don’t know for a fact that H/Ns are made in Duitschland or not, but most of my German spring guns prefer JSB. That’s not to say they will not shoot an H/N with OK accuracy, it’s just that the JSBs perform better across a wider spectrum. YMMV.