.22 Kalibrgun Argus 60W

Newbie here! What is the difference between the Argus 60W and the Cricket 2 tactical. i am interested in buying the Tactical but this gun looks neat and less expensive.

George

The obvious difference is the bottle reservoir on the Tactical and the tube on the Argus. The not so obvious differences are the shroud design, magazines, hammer system and trigger. 

Both are good but they have their differences for sure. 

Newbie here! What is the difference between the Argus 60W and the Cricket 2 tactical. i am interested in buying the Tactical but this gun looks neat and less expensive.

George

The obvious difference is the bottle reservoir on the Tactical and the tube on the Argus. The not so obvious differences are the shroud design, magazines, hammer system and trigger. 

I wonder if both barrels are the same for .22 caliber. The barrel specs for the Argus and Tactical is the same, at least in the length, no choke, and the twist rate on Kalibrgun USA website. 

George

I wonder if both barrels are the same for .22 caliber. The barrel specs for the Argus and Tactical is the same, at least in the length, no choke, and the twist rate on Kalibrgun USA website.

It's a very safe bet that they are the same barrel.

I took some time to make my mind up : Argus or Tactical ? Finally I got te tactical 60 in .22, mainly for some aesthetic reasons . At the beginning I had some issues with the indexing system and

accuracy , but finally I'm very satisfied with it . I had 3 others Kalibrgun before and , yes, this cumbersome loading system could be improved and changed to a self-indexing one , but I was used to . An externable reg pressure was also expected . I don't understand why Kalibrgun doesn't put these improvements together in their new designs.

Anyway , the Tactical is now consistent and very accurate with JSB 18gr ; the unchoked barrel allows to shoot slugs and I had very good groups using FX Hybrid at 50 yards.

All in all, a great gun to shoot and , yes , incredibly quiet with a 4" Huma moderator. In Europe the price difference is about $100 more for the Tactical.

NB : I was looking to get a Vulcan 3 long , but the choked barrel doesn't appeal me , as more and more shooters go for slugs.

@aldea6 I was in the same predicament as you but I chose the Argus instead of the Tactical because I just really like the look of the argus and I was reading from some owners of the Tactical they were having problems with the mags cycling correctly. I also have a Prod ( my first pcp) that I modded with an AR stock to look tacticool so I wanted something different.

I like my Argus so far, it's shooting dime size groups with FX 18.1 grain at 40 yards zero at 830 FPS and dime size groups with JSB 15.89 grain at 870 FPS. I wanted to push the the FX 18.1 grain at 870 FPS out to 50 yards and beyond but ran out of pellets. Just have to wait for Pyramid Air to restock. I was surprised JSB 18.13 didn't shoot as well as the FX pellets. I also got the Air Arms 18 grain In transit and looking forward to see how that pellet does. In the meantime, PA has plenty of slugs in stock and thinking real hard if I should give those a try. 

With all the pellets and slugs I have yet to try, one thing I really dislike about the Argus it's really cumbersome to tune. I have to remove the stock and use a screw driver to turn the hammer spring. Why can't they design the hammer spring tuning by turning a exterior nob like the cricket is beyond me. Another thing I don't like is the hammer strike is right next to my ear, the ping is super loud. Is there a fix besides wearing an ear plug? Another minor complaint for a high end Kalibrgun is the anodized finish doesn't seem to hold up to use. My lower pincatinny rail is already scratched from just putting on a bipod, not sure how your is holding up or its a common issue with any gun from any manufacturer.

@zx10wall There is still a lot to explore with my Argus but a few guns got my interests as my next gun. Cricket Tactical, AGT Vulcan 3 , or FX Impact M3. Gotta start saving my lunch money ha!

I just got the Cricket 2 Tactical 60 in 30 cal and I really like it. It seems to shoot anything well. Even the Hatsan Vortex pellets! BTW I didn't tune for the slugs as I don't know how. This was the tune that came from Tony at Talon Tunes for the JSB Hades.

The below is NSA 30 cal 54.5gr slugs. 5 shots with one pulled at 50 yds(the one off target was from previous session)

signal-2021-12-03-150331.1638563196.jpeg

This is 5 shots at 50 yds with the Hatsan Vortex! The best I've ever done is about a 3" group out of my RTI Prophet Performance. Crappy pellets.

signal-2021-12-03-150324.1638563464.jpeg