.22 Kalibrgun Argus 60W

Wanted to give a little review on this newer offering from Kalibrgun. This a bit different approach from them in many ways. Amongst the changes, the old, cumbersome to many, mag system has been replaced with a self indexing mag. 

Upgrades include:
1) Shroud
2) Trigger
3) Hammer system
4) Magazine 
5) Non-choked barrel

Out of the box, the Argus was ready to shoot the 25.39gr RDMs at 920 fps and the 18.13 gr at 1015 fps. I intended to set it up for the 18s. 

I began getting into the PCP and see all is very well thought out and put together. This is a very rugged build that will not need to be babied. My factory setting on the regulator was 120 bar. I thought, wow, it’s producing 42 FPE with a relatively low regulator setting! I set the reg to 102 bar and dialed it in for 33 FPE with the 18.13s.

The hammer system is very clever. Rather than a hammer operating within a tube, this is more comparable to a firearm type hammer that hinges to strike the firing pin. The hammer spring adjuster also has a set screw now to hold its set position.

Very consistent regulation and nice accuracy down range is what I found. Fill to 300 bar and get 70 plus shots on a fill. Trigger is nice. Set for a light short first stage take-up to a crisp 12 ounce second stage break with zero creep. The shroud does a wonderful job at controlling the report. The magazines are 14 shot and very well made. They have a lever integrated within the design that allows you to stop the magazines rotation if you choose. Another feature is the cocked indicator. There is a red button, at the rear of the gun, that pops up when the gun is cocked (picture below shows feature).

Overall, I like this PCP; well built, efficient, accurate, can shoot with a lot of power, new features that are well thought out. The non-choked barrel would also be nice for those interested in shooting slugs. The Argus definitely has the power to do so! (2) 5-shot groups below shot in some strongish winds from 55 yards. 
1201DAA0-609C-4B77-AD0D-AE7D3280BB06.1635687876.jpeg
6DEF7FD7-3541-440A-AFF6-1AE5854DE2E8.1635687878.jpeg

I have the 45 version. I really like it for the same reasons that you mention.

Didn't care for the original stock, so I fixed that. Don't much care about the loaded indicator, I never really notice it ! I did a little trigger adjusting to make the let-off a little more crisp.

Kalibrgun Argus 45, .22.1635693160.JPG

Mike

Cool 😎 Didn’t know you could make a stock out of cork 🤣 Joking 🙃 

Didn't care for the original stock, so I fixed that. Don't much care about the loaded indicator, I never really notice it ! I did a little trigger adjusting to make the let-off a little more crisp.

Mike

Cool
1f60e.svg
Didn’t know you could make a stock out of cork
1f923.svg
Joking
1f643.svg

I don't know what it's made of but it looks great.

Mike

Cool
1f60e.svg
Didn’t know you could make a stock out of cork
1f923.svg
Joking
1f643.svg

I don't know what it's made of but it looks great.

Yeah, it’s a cool little pup. Drop it in the water and it floats. But seriously, these are tough guns.

Just got my KA60 in .22 a few weeks ago. Only shot it in 20 yards but the groups looks promising. She likes JSB 15 grain and FX 18 grain thus far. Trying to make time to take her out to 50 and 100 yards.

In the meantime, trying to figure out how to adjust the trigger, not much info on the net. Can anybody provide a step by step tutorial with pictures?

KA60_01.1636002107.jpg

KA60_02.1636002142.jpg

Arch -

Yeah, there is a very good video (I think two actually) in the Youtube group. It's "not" the second design gun, it's the original Kalibrgun trigger. It about 95% the same as the new gun triggers.

I used it to lighten the pull on my 45. It was adjusted full hard for some reason. The trigger pull weight screw is under a wire spring, that you'll have to go between the sections of the spring above it. It's not difficult. When you remove the stock, it's on the underside of the receiver.

I don't know what all you want to adjust, but there is three (I think) screws as viewed from the underside of the receiver. I've forgotten the title of the video, but again, it's NOT for the current gun, it's for the first design gun, that also works well for the Argus design. I'll try to find it, but you can look also, under "Kalibrgun, trigger adjustment".

Mike

P.S. - Yeah easy to find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEUuzuHdko

The "pull" section starts about 2:40 into the video. But depending on what you want, I'd guess you'll need to watch the whole thing. There is a second video by the same guy. He's a bit clumsy with some of the things that he does...oh well.

MikeVV

Thanks for sharing the video. I was looking to adjust to two stage trigger but looks like I will need to cut the spring per video, don't like that at all. I will just leave the way it is for now.

You don’t need to cut the spring.

Correct. I believe it's that tiny leaf spring with the adjuster buried under the other spring in the receiver. Against the front receiver wall. Mmmm, or maybe that the let-off load spring...don't recall now !

The first stage trigger pull on my 45 isn't bad. Not nearly enough to worry about changing it.

Mike