.22 JSB Monster 25grain Pellets.

After completing my .22 WAR ROD, I needed a heavy .22 pellet as the gun produced too much power for a standard to medium weight pellet. After some searching, I decided to try the 25gr Monsters. After a few days of tuning and shooting groups, I settled in on a tune for 24 shots at 920fps avg. This combination has actually produced one of the most accurate gun/pellet combo's I have ever had. I have managed 2 sub moa 100 yard 5 shot groups with this setup. This gun has turned into my "squirrel" rifle. These pellets not only print well on paper, they work great on game as well. Shortly after completion of this gun, I was searching the forums expecting that this pellet would be the favored long range .22 pellet. I have found very few people that have anything positive to say about this pellet. Most hate it and say it is garbage?

Anyone else have good luck with this pellet?

Reactions: cubo
.30cal, part of the reason I first started modding marauder valves and such was the inability to push certain pellets fast enough. The release of the WAR valve as well as the evolution of Tim Hill's valve has given me even more power than I ever could achieve with a reworked stock valve. I have found multiple pellets and slugs in .22 and .25 that when pushed to higher speeds show potential they never had at lower speeds. Also thanks to Harry for sharing so much valuable info that lead me to start sizing my pellets which has opened up even more potential out of certain pellets.

I have shot many bunnies out to 100 yards with the 25.4 gr Monsters and BSA Hornet.
They do very well all the way down to under 600 fps from my first BSA Hornet .

They do well from my ST barrel in the FX Elite.
840 fps at 50 yards. 5 shots which on cardboard without the spatter would have edge to edge stayed inside a dime.

Lifted to 900 fps or somewhat above they become bullet-like and do very well in wind.

The 13.43 gr .177s shoot very well from 750 fps/17 fpe on up from my TM1000 with either LW or FWB barrels. I would like to get them up to 24 fpe/900 fps from the TM 1000 but have not been able to as yet. These .177s have a BC of 0.030+/- from this rifle and would make a great rabbit round.
Best regards, Harry.

Thanks for sharing Harry!! I was hoping you would chime in as I thought I remembered you mention the monsters in a post on this or maybe the yellow forum. "Lifted to 900 fps or somewhat above they become bullet-like and do very well in wind." That has been my experience as well!!

Funny you mention the .177's as I have been looking at those and a couple other heavy weight .177's and thinking of building a high power .177 once I finish up my .30 project.

When I opened the first tin of .25 MKI jsb heavies, I was quickly reminded of the .22 monsters!!

Hi guys

I've just got .22 Monsters through the Impact but having odd results. Pack says 5.52mm head but on pelletgage most only falling through 5.54mm so likely a 5.53mm head.

At 130bar reg pressure, power 3, and Valve above 2, following is what Impact fires at:

.25 JSB 25.4gr : 890fps
.22 JSB 18gr : 920fps
.22 JSB 25.4gr : 800fps*

I did the power to Max and opened up the valve but monsters maxed out at 815fps. Wont go above that.

I'm just wondering what regulator pressure in your FX ST rifles you guys are shooting these monsters (before I adjust the reg to 140+)? And were these full length ST barrels as Impact .22 barrel is just 18".

Maybe this barrel is not long enough to push this pellet above 920fps?

Just shot a few .22 Monsters and Beasts yesterday to see the velocity in my Condor SS

Monsters were in the 940FPS+ area (PW at 6), Beasts in the 885fps area.(PW at 7), all with a 18" SS barrel.

This gun has a 24" barrel coming, so velocity will be at least 50+fps more .. if so, those will be terrific #'s Shooting in the mid 900's with a 34gr .22 pellet is crazy.

I won't buy both of these pellets for stock, I will see which one shoots the best and buy those. Monsters at -950++ is not bad either, and are way cheaper ;- ) I have read too as you guys have stated that the Monsters act more like slugs than pellets when driven quick and still keep their accuracy ?

wll2506

I think I'm going to have to open up the transfer port on the .22 barrel to match the Tp size on the .25 barrel ... and open up the .22 pellet probe too.

Ajshoots and now wll2506 have both confirmed that these reach 950fps+ with 20" and 18" barrels respectively.

I could get the LW 24" barrel but lapping and whatnot required to prep the barrel is beyond me.

Wll2506 - how's the grouping and is your rifle regulated? If yes, what's the reg set at?