.22 Hatsan Gladius short SURPRISED!

I finally had a chance to setup the gladius and get some lead thru the barrel. At first I was looking to trade off or sell the rifle before I even fired 1 shot. Man am I glad I didn’t make that mistake!

Mainly, that decision was made from numerous videos and postings about how pellet fussy these rifles can be and the inaccuracy.

I must have a one of a kind Gladius because she is a shooter! Hole in hole at 25yds with 18.1Jsb’s no need to try anything further. Only took me about 8 shots to zero her in and that was due to I had to be discreet in my yard. 

The only thing that I did was polish the barrel with JB paste And penetrating oil for a nice shine. The barrel was nasty with factory grease or whatever they use inside the barrel. The trigger is not half bad but could use a small adjustment for a shorter pull. (IMO)

Out of the box I rate the gladius a strong 4 out of 5 stars! The noise level wasn’t bad at all the ping was the loudest factor. I have that solved with a lane depinger I ordered. Even the side cocking lever was smooth, not as smooth as an FX lever but not far off. The weight isn’t bad if your a pussycat...lol balanced well I can say that much. I did discover I small leak from the cylinder which is odd for a brand new rifle. I’ll have to replace the oring I figured. 

I did all testing on power level 6. I don’t think I’ll use the lower settings anytime soon. I do not feel the need to install a regulator at all. I did manage to knock off a crow, sparrow, dove and ground hog. 

The ground hog required a follow up shot due to poor shot placement. I have a Nikko MountMaster 4-16x50 half mil that I’m looking to replace with 30mm tube. I don’t like the 1in scopes. It’s nice but I’m not used to small scopes. If you are on the fence about a Hatsan Gladius I would definitely recommend it! 

Again it’s a stock 22 gladius short nothing but a barrel polish done. Hatsan you guys have a winner with this one!!!

P.S

Im not even going to mention the 4mags and mag holder, adjustable everything on the stock?