.22 gauntlet pressure firing issue

Hello all my name is Sean and i am new to the pcp air gun world,

i recently purchased a .22 gauntlet i was sighting in the scope and setting up the rifle today as it just came in the mail. i am using an air venturi hand pump to fill my tank, I pump it up to the recommended 3000 psi when i first got it shot it a couple times with out the scope and it shot well. 

well today i get it to pressure and shoot the first shot and its solid. however the second shot is significantly lower and the sound is off. sounds more like a whoopy cushion than an air rifle. getting a four inch drop at twenty five yards. 

so i pump it back off to 3000 and same thing. solid sounding shot followed by another whoopy cushion shot. 

is this a manu defect or am i doing something wrong? 

the link below is the sound it is making i took a short video of the whoopy cushion sound. also its still reading at almost 3000 psi at this point so its holding the air in the tank .

download.png

Hello cru5hgruv3!

What you are describing is your bottle is not screwed all the way in. take off the forearm shroud and try turning the bottle another 45°. Because it is under pressure it will be very difficult and if it does not cooperate, I recommend that you degas the rifle and then tighten the bottle. When you are done you may find that the pressure gauge no longer aligns with the cut outs in the forearm cover. 

You will need to loosen your bonnet on the regulator and rotate the lower half. You will loosen the 2 grub screws on the pressure regulator collar and bonnet and twist to get the gauge to align with the slot in the forearm.
Put all the screws back in your forearm cover and regas the rifle.
I show you which two screws to loosen in this video at this minute marker.

https://youtu.be/PYKJ60M6b08?t=13m47s

Good luck!