Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

.22 fx t12 with smooth twist barrel – best longer range pellet ??

Forums PCP Airguns PCP Airgun – Discussion .22 fx t12 with smooth twist barrel – best longer range pellet ??

• Views : 432
  • Link

ranedouglas
    Participant
    Accuracy: +13

..  hey yall , happy holidays !   a good friend left his .22 (5.5 mm) fx t12 mk2 synthetic with smooth twist barrel – what is the best longer range pellet yall have experienced thru this air rifle ??   the gun is bone stock – fills to 220 bar …   this will be a 50-70 yard critter getter  ..  i'm guessing 18 grain jsb's , and barracudas — but i know nothing about the smooth twist barrels , and needed an excuse to bug yall (jk) ….  also these dont have regulators, but can the power, shot curve and shot count be adjusted — like i did for his .22 benji woodswalker ??  pastor loves that little camo carbine now …   but back the fx t12 ; i'm also guessing the shot count to be around 30 ..  anything i can do to make it quieter ?    please reply ..  needed yallz advice and experience with this gun before i can order pellets..  thanx.  – paul.

Link

ChuckHunter
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +10

18 or the 15.89 JSBs are going to be your best bet in that rifle… Maybe even some Hades! Not sure if that rifle has a hammer spring adjustment but you can get out the chrony and find the sweet spot in the fill pressure for a good shot curve….most of those non reg guns have a favorite fill not always the max ! I had an older FX cyclone smooth twist and it loved both pellets I mentioned..

James from Michigan 

Link

stoti
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +93

Like James said, definitely shoot the 18.13gr but be sure to try the 15.89, depending on how far you're really going to shoot. My son's smooth twist barreled gun loved the 15.89's with great accuracy under and out  to 75yds! 

Good luck, Stoti

Link

ranedouglas
    Participant
    Accuracy: +13

…cool…thx , yall….   – paul..

Link

bucketboy
    Participant
    United Kingdom
    Accuracy: +30

There is no simple answer, why one barrel prefers one pellet and not another is a mystery, jsb  are a good starting point but you really need to test a selection to see what’s best.

for what it’s worth, most of my guns like the AA pellets (made by jsb)  over those in a jsb tin, 

Bb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.