.22 FX Crown and JSB (new) Monsters

950fps?! I'm sure those guys verified this but before showing up to compete but I would have thought the diabolo pellet would be unstable at that velocity. That is excellent news though, I am receiving a Kral PB in .22 from Troy tomorrow that is tuned for 45fpe. I purchased 4 tins of redesigned monsters with the rifle and really only asked for the gun to be tuned this hot for one reason - to shoot these pellets - I'm expecting these to have a better BC than the 25.4's in .25 cal. There's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsJPgwNrOY&t=433sthat does a pretty in depth review of the pellet (as well as the beast) with some good math. The Monsters are doing about .036 and the Beasts are showing .045 I believe!

No, didn't see what he shot other than an Impact. All the Utah guys were shooting FX. Thayne is blazing fast on the Speed Silo. He'd do a pellet dump on two mags., be two rows behind and catch everyone. I was surprised Thayne and Tom didn't finish one and two. Not taking anything away from Michael he deserved to win, but the other two made some mistakes that cost them in the final...

Most of the heavier pellets from JSB at 100 yards have a BC between .044 and .056. The difference of .012 in BC is an insignificant increase. A shooter needs to double the BC before noticing a significant improvement in downrange performance.

This!!! Means that Matt's slugs with a .07 bc shouldn't be that much better than a .30 cal Fx Impact @ .052 /w 44-50 gr!!! Well maybe a tad noticeable.