.22 crosman domed ultra heavy (19 grain)

I’d rather they focus on restoring the quality to their existing pellets instead of making new ones. Even the boxed pellets, both CPH and CPL, won’t group better than 1” to 1.5” at 25 yards across a variety of rifles that are capable of 1/2” with several other pellets from H&N, JSB, and RWS. 

At least this new one isn’t a copycat Polymag or gimmicky buzz saw. I’m just not convinced we need a competitor to the JSB 18.1gr that’s more expensive and less accurate.

mm looks that they confuse grains and grams

gn = Grains

gr = Grams

1549975158_12482665835c62be76b7a4e1.94189170_Sin título.jpg

Hope the accuracy will be better than that! ;)

(Like the 14.3gn Domed)

I'm pretty sure they got it right

GRAMS = G or GM

GRAINS = GR or GRN

i suspect the price will come down , kinda like the pirhanas. hopefully , they are being made on the same machine , or 'die' . i always thought the ideal weights for pellets would be .177 = 9 grains , .20 (or 5mm) = 12 grains , .22 = 15 grains , .24 (or 6mm) = 18 grains , and .25 cal = 21 grains.......but it's just not that easy. airsoft kind of robbed us of the .24 cal slot, or 6mm. other than pcp guns, the .25 cals are just too big and heavy for most other airguns. noble patriot (uk patriot) and diana 48 have enough power and trajectory for me to hunt with - but that's about it in .25. others are just too heavy and cumbersome.oh yeah, and the .25 cal gamo socom extreme was cool. .....but just imagine how much research and development go into designing a worthy pellet : shape, loft, weight distribution, etc.... those priahnas kinda sucked, too - especially in .177...probably why they are $6.50 at walmart now... - raneman. 

I don't know that I would qualify a new domed pellet as a gimmick. What's encouraging to see, at least for me, is that an iconic American company like Crosman could be (maybe?) FINALLY (hopefully?) waking up a little bit and listening to their customers and seeing that we have been wanting something other than a 14.3 grain .22 caliber pellet. Now, they just need to listen a little closer and give us what we're asking for at a competitive price and with the same or better quality as other European brands.

Bob_O said that he wished JSB would bridge the gap between 18 and 25 grain pellets. I'm mean it's a little surprising JSB hasn't already come out with a pellet in that weight range because H&N has been making pellets in that weight range for a little more than just a few days now. But on the other hand, how long has everyone been begging and pleading with JSB to make screw top pellet tins? Anyways, wouldn't it be something if Crosman bridged that gap first, before JSB, and make a quality pellet at a competitive price that rivals JSB? Now, I've doubts that would ever happen, but it'd still be nice to see an American company for once one up JSB. 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK... HELLO?... CROSMAN?.... ARE YOU LISTENING?... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK... CROSMAN?... ARE YOU THERE?... OPPORTUNITY HERE... HELLO?... 

oh well 

I'd love it if that's the case but I share your skepticism that Crosman will be making these as a high quality pellet considering their apathy about pellet quality the last few years.

I mean I can't blame them. We avid airgunners are a small and particular bunch. I don't know precisely what portion of Crosman's pellet sales we represent but I suspect it's not much considering their presence on Walmart shelves. As a business strategy, it makes sense to straddle the line of producing "good enough" pellets for the masses. And compared to the Daisy and Gamo pellets placed alongside them on the Walmart shelf, they are pretty good. That's all fine but what irks me is they continue to sell boxed pellets on a legacy of being high quality pellets from a single die but they aren't even as good as the pellets in tins made back in 2012 - 2013. I remember routinely getting tins (both .177 and .22) that grouped 1 - 2 MoA at 25 yards and sometimes out to 40 - 45 yards.

Also, they're well diversified in the broader category of hunting and outdoor products. While I have no doubt they can produce pellets as good as JSB, they don't have to. Their survival doesn't depend on it. If JSB doesn't make quality pellets, they can just shutter the doors.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed that Crosman will find a reason to make good pellets again. I'd love to support an American company with my money. 

Reactions: Pelletgage