.22 Cricket Carbine at 90 yards

Just started to stretch the cricket out a bit. 17 shots and 15 in the kill zone. Two near misses. rifle zeroed at 100 yards with a mild wind. Held POA 1 mildot to the left and 3/4 mildot under.I don't do much mammal pesting but, look out pigeons and collared doves! Theses PCP's are amazing!
[url="http://i.imgur.com/pmJeqej.jpg"][img]http://i.imgur.com/pmJeqej.jpg[/img][/url] 

hello,

i am just new here but i am shooting springers like almost 7 years but i am a bit tired of it so i wana buy something better so i saw the kalibr cricket and i felt in love with that gun hehe but im still considering what caliber it to buy i was choosing between .177 and the .22 mostly i gonna shoot pest at a farm like pigeons, doves, rats, starlings.
it would be nice if u replay and some nice shooting there

greetz

"cricketlover"hello,

i am just new here but i am shooting springers like almost 7 years but i am a bit tired of it so i wana buy something better so i saw the kalibr cricket and i felt in love with that gun hehe but im still considering what caliber it to buy i was choosing between .177 and the .22 mostly i gonna shoot pest at a farm like pigeons, doves, rats, starlings.
it would be nice if u replay and some nice shooting there

greetz
Definitely not the .177 for pesting.. Get the .22 and if you really want to stretch it out get the .25. The .22 is shorter and lighter than the .25 but the .25 will offer you more power, will tackle the wind Better and will provide cleaner kills. 

ok tnx fearnloading but is it alos good for longer range like my longer range situations are like 88 yards so i dont wanna have an high drop rate and i was looking for some other guns because i still need to buy one i saw the FX Wildcat is also a very good shooter and has better accuracy then the cricket and the cocking isnt that akward as in the cricket

"cricketlover"ok tnx fearnloading but is it alos good for longer range like my longer range situations are like 88 yards so i dont wanna have an high drop rate and i was looking for some other guns because i still need to buy one i saw the FX Wildcat is also a very good shooter and has better accuracy then the cricket and the cocking isnt that akward as in the cricket
  • The cricket is an excellent long range gun. I have shot 150 yard groups which are between 1 to 3 inches. The drop isn't Going to be much for shooting within 90 yards. .25 bucks the wind better and provides clean kills. Shot placement matters slightly lesser when you are using a .25. 

The wildcat is also a good gun. From the perspective of cocking the gun, I completely agree with the wildcat being supreme since the cricket does require you to take your eye off the scope to reload the gun. The wildcat solves this issue. The benefit of the wildcat system is for speed shooting. 

But when it comes to accuracy, I can assure you that the cricket is one super accurate gun. I have owned the bobcat before and the cricket scores higher points on ergonomics, grip, hold,balance and sound, power and accuracy. 

ok y tnx fearnloading its till i aint a big fan of that .25 bcs i know someone who has an .25 in the air arms s510 extra fac and he has some problems with it but ats maybe that gun of him. but what i really am thinking of did u do any tuning on ur gun like the barrel bcs i have seen some vids of that. And im am someone who dont wanna really stretch ma range any further to 100 yards bcs im not so consistant taking shots i dont wanna harm any birds at that distance thats just me. Maybe ur a excellent shooter at that distance and ur shotplacement is much better then mine. And for an .22 what is the best power setting i always thinked around 18 - 20 pounds is just fine but will i have enough punch to relaly kill the target at an distance of 100 yards.?!

Anyway tnx for ur replay FearnLoading. 

"cricketlover"ok y tnx fearnloading its till i aint a big fan of that .25 bcs i know someone who has an .25 in the air arms s510 extra fac and he has some problems with it but ats maybe that gun of him. but what i really am thinking of did u do any tuning on ur gun like the barrel bcs i have seen some vids of that. And im am someone who dont wanna really stretch ma range any further to 100 yards bcs im not so consistant taking shots i dont wanna harm any birds at that distance thats just me. Maybe ur a excellent shooter at that distance and ur shotplacement is much better then mine. And for an .22 what is the best power setting i always thinked around 18 - 20 pounds is just fine but will i have enough punch to relaly kill the target at an distance of 100 yards.?!

Anyway tnx for ur replay FearnLoading.
I use my cricket only for target shooting not hunting. But I do have some understanding of ballistics and energy. Depending on the size of animal you are hunting at 100 yards, sufficient energy needs to be retained at the 100 yard line for a clean, quick kill and to avoid injury. For a 22 to effectively "kill on impact" at longer ranges, it needs to be operating at 30 fpe upwards. If you are taking shots at 88-100 yards your 22 should effectively be shooting at 30-40 fpe at the muzzle if not higher(I would prefer higher). This reduces the reliance on shot placement and the hit at high power ensures a clean kill. 

Not sure about that, you may want to call one of the distributors (WWAG, Talon Tunes, RL air guns, Straightshooters) about the difference in weight and length. Varmintair.com does a great review on the .22 carbine. Their website should leads you to another gentleman ( don't know his name) who blogs about the cricket carbines and hunts with both calibers. I believe he chooses the .25 when he is shoots prairie dogs past 100 yards. I found it the most informative about this gun! Like many people on this forum when they like the gun so much they get both calibers!