.22 caliber pellets past 980 FPS

Good morning,

I can push them past it if rifle wasn't regulated. It's set at 861fps w/ JSB 18.1's. for 50 shots. that's a tidbit over 29ftlbs, 1/2 power for the Evanix Rainstorm which would be doing 60ftlbs for 15-20 shots if not regulated. I could push them to cracking the barrier if I took out the reg, but no need. I prefer a reg now and consistency, although I admit, I'd like another adjustable regulated rifle to play with the new heavy .22's. That being said, I may just rebuild my reg myself, but I don't have a reg tester. The only way I can think of even trying to set it close to what it's at is take a depth gauge reading before disassembly and set it the same after rebuilding. I'm not sure that'll get me back to same speed even if I'm dead nuts at same depth to the thousandths. Do I have any other choice? Anyone want to rebuild a reg for me if I buy a kit & throw you some money? I don't have a chronograph or reg tester and to do it right you'd need to install, test, remove, adjust, reinstall. Am I right? or does a measured depth give the same speed? So, if I take out the reg for its rebuild, no matter who does it, can I be a part of your test? I have some heavy first design 25 & 33.95 (34's for geez sake) .22's I've wanted to try for accuracy at 50-100-200 yards but not happening at 29ftlbs. The Rainstorm from factory gives 15-20 60ftlb shots. You could adjust things to get a lot less shots with a lot more power but I never wanted to get that few shots. These new guns, doing what I said years ago (Kral) and putting 480cc CF 4500psi bottles in front & back are awesome. If I get some cash, I'm calling that Troy guy and putting him to work. At their affordable price, I might buy a .177, .22, & jump right to a .30 or .357 for a hammer/hunter coyote/groundhog rifle. I'm not slinging those pellets at those prices all day in fields just to see if I can hit clumps of dirt 200 yards out. The only thing I might hold out for is a rifle with fully external adjustability. Oh, I know, they're available. I just expect more to be coming out & I won't be a Beta tester.

I think you'll find guys pushing them that fast but mostly for slugs.

I'm curious what your experiment is, lol.

The only pellets I shot at those speeds were the 25 cal. JSB 25.4 gr from my Cricket bullpup. When newly purchased it shot the those pellets at an avrage of 1000 fps. I was worried but the 100 yard groups were in the 1 1/2 - 2 inch range. Since then the rifle has settled down and the day to day average is a bit over 965 fps. I have kept it at the original factory setting thesem last four years.

1540309157_19394182765bcf40a5b20b24.67108559_IMG_1618.jpg

24 grain HP 2-S nose flat base , they shoot best at 935 FPS and I do 

shoot these slugs at 1090-1095 FPS from a modified Wolverine 303

that has been converted to 22 cal they shoot sub one inch groups at 

100 yards and are very accurate although they are less accurate at 50

yards and they seam to stabilize at around 75 yards .