22 CAL PELLETS

Went out shooting collard doves today with my Diana gas piston 22. shooting H&N FTT 14.66 GN, unless I hit them in the head most flew off. A few fell into the pens and the owner told me not go in after them. What other pellet would you recommend? I've killed rabbits and squirrels with them. need to buy more pellets anyway.
1577890277_19645991885e0cb1e581e512.08964322_DSCF0017 (2).JPG

I shoot quite a few collared doves using JSB 18.13 gr pellets for my 22 or the 15.69 gr both work well. I have just switched to Hades for my 22 but haven't done more than shoot paper for zero. My gun loves them but I have a new bullpup in 25 and it is getting used now.

I'm sure you know the saying high they die, low they fly. Their vitals sit high in the body and a lower chest shot just hits meat. Hope this helps, good luck I love shooting them.

The H&N FTT 14.66 gr. you are using work really great in my Diana 34 springer. I use the 5.53 head size, not that it would really matter. I've dropped birds like rocks and squirrels as well. But, it always is dependent on shot placement usually. I would just recommend trying something else and see what works. Experimentation has always been the best route for me. The pellets you are using are very good.

I'm sure you know the saying high they die, low they fly. Their vitals sit high in the body and a lower chest shot just hits meat. Hope this helps, good luck I love shooting them.

Beat me to it Ghost. 

Try to take broadside shots with your most accurate pellet. Domes will most likely penetrate through both lungs and the sucker will gas out fast.