• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

22 cal or 25 cal for long range

Trying to get myself a better (and higher power) long range scope from second hand, looks like these always slips thru my attention in classifieds.

I have a 10-40x50 ZOS, I was using it in my backyard but I had no gun for long target ranges (still waiting for my Impact mk2 for 3 months alread) also had no chance to compare thoroughly to a dedicated target scope that costs 3x vs I paid for it from ebay couple years ago. But definitely better then I have the vortex for my crossbow.

I will be shopping for a target scope as well, I would like to find a power to see the POI

You should strongly consider spending more money on a higher powered rifle scope because it's typical the glass will be poor and grainy as well as the image gets dull and dark at high magnification on the really cheap scopes. It can be a very disappointing experience. 

Athlon puts upgraded glass in their scopes, so the scopes below have 2 steps up in quality of coatings, etc, in their glass compared to most other brands in this price range.

The FFP Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x56 and the SFP 10-40x56 are great scopes for the money. These are better suited to more powerful airguns that won't be shot super close like 10 yards because they have 15Y parallax. Though you can put them on 8x or 10x to focus closer than 15y if need be.

Always spend as much money as you can possibly afford on glass, you'll be glad you did.