.22 cal Hades - Perfect Mushroom to .59"

I thought many of you might enjoy seeing this. I have become a big fan of the JSB Hades pellets. With more than 60,000 pellets in my inventory, of several manufacturers and varieties, in my AA S410 and Walther LGU Varmint, the 15.89 grain Hades is the most accurate in terms of tight groups.

Additionally, they are very deadly due to their expansion characteristics.

Below are images of a new and recovered Hades, pulling it out of the sand from my target trap. Note that it perfectly mushroomed to .59"

Merry Christmas to all!

1577282224_16368458775e036ab0267db3.09894351_Expansion Measurement.II.jpg
1577282224_12088898915e036ab0b1f3d2.38684740_Expansion Measurement.jpg

Yes, at 18 yards. But keep in mind all of the dome pellets are shot at the same, and while somewhat deformed, nothing like the expansion displayed here.

Shooting into steel causes deformation not expansion.

There's a couple physics guys on here that can explain correctly what causes a hollow point to expand, but shooting into steel is the same result you'd get it you hit the hades with a sledgehammer, you're just flattening it.

I shot some of the .22 cal Hades into my various weights of ballistic gel blocks and there was very little expansion. Of course there is no bone present to to increase the possibility of expansion. I will say however, I have found the Hades to have much better killing power on small pests than the dome pellets that pencil on through game. I believe the the cross hatched head which does open up some slows the pellet down and transfers more energy to the target. Bill

I shot some of the .22 cal Hades into my various weights of ballistic gel blocks and there was very little expansion. Of course there is no bone present to to increase the possibility of expansion. I will say however, I have found the Hades to have much better killing power on small pests than the dome pellets that pencil on through game. I believe the the cross hatched head which does open up some slows the pellet down and transfers more energy to the target. Bill

I agree with this, I get larger exit holes and a lot more feathers flying with hades and polymags then I do diabolo shaped pellets. I also have a lot less fly offs with the hades and polymags.