• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

2021 FT season will bring a new shooting platform to the family

My son renewed his interest in HFT earlier this year shooting my FX WC .177 but left in early September for Lackland AFB and will be there until February 2021. 

With the 2020 FT season winding down and the looming and perpetual shortage of some equipment, I decided to go ahead and order him an Air Arms S500 and top it off with one of the new Gen2 Hawke FFP’s for him to shoot in 2021 matches. (when time and the Air Force allows him) 

These next few months will allow me to spend some time to familiarize myself with setting up the rig (i.e “playing with”) so when Adam returns, he will have a set up he knows is consistent and accurate. 

I have found (or not found) there little is info on either the newer S500 or the new Gen Sidewinders so I “spoke” (i.e. via email) to both Air Arms and Hawke about their newer models and I’m looking forward to seeing how they compare to the earlier models which I have some experience with.

For those that may be interested in either or both, my plans are to post a FT based review possibly in the next couple of weeks as work and weather allow. There is an outside chance I’ll have it ready for a match or two in October or November but it’s still to early to know. 

And if you are subscribers of my YT channel, of course will be notified and those who are not, watch for an announcement here.