• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 2020 Carolina Classic Grand Prix UPDATE; March 3, 2020

Yeehah!!

UPDATE: March 3, 2020

We still can't update the website, so here goes.

There are now 24 registered shooters(One is a maybe) in all three rifle Divisions, with both classes represented in Hunter.

There are six pistol shooters registered, enough for the scores to count for Pistol GP status. If there are any rifle shooters who are willing to participate in the event that one of the six doesn't make it, please let us know.

Registrations will be accepted up to the Friday, the first day of the event, HOWEVER, registrations made after midnight Thursday, March 5 will not be eligible for T-Shirts. We have to place the order on Friday.

We will also order awards on Friday. Should additional piston shooters register in any division in sufficient numbers to qualify as a separate class we may not be able to get awards in hand in time for the match. They might be able to be ordered and shipped later provided the small batch order doesn't get too expensive.

The MP5 full auto shoot will be held after the pistol match on Friday. If you are interested in a little full auto fun, bring factory 9mm pistol ammo with you. NO HANDLOADED AMMO. Shooters must be 18 years or older and in good enough physical condition( In the sole judgement of the RSO) to safely shoot the weapon. If you're interested and haven't yet let us know, please do so. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION!!

Bring rain gear. The weather plan is to consolidate both matches into a single day if one day looks like it'll get heavy rain. If rain is expected both days, we will shoot in the rain. We seldom see thunderstorms this time of year. 

As mentioned on the website, we usually have dinner at Logun Roadhouse. You're welcome to join us.

We want to thank everyone for their support!!

Keith, Chris, Jimmy, Philip, & Paul

1583860686_11497640055e67cbceac6c41.48317869.jpeg

Come claim your award!

2020 Carolina Classic March 20-22 Pleasant Hill, NC

Click here for info:
http://www.thagc.com/2020-carolina-classic/

Ok guys I have a few questions that probaly should be addressed about the shoot and the current situation with the Corona virus. I am registered and planned on going but with these rapidly changing developments daily I really am reconsidering. Here in Ohio they are banning gatherings of 50 people or more...is this same ban in North Carolina? I'd like to know how many people are registered and plan on being together? At this point if we cannot attend because of this Virus and current situation will we be reimbursed if possible, if not I understand. All our health is way more important than getting together for a shoot. I just don't want to be the selfish one that travels and somehow contacts this virus and spreads it...better safe than sorry I'm thinking at this point and with so many rapidly changing developments Im not even sure if we will be able to travel state to state in a few days. Just trying to think ahead and do what's right for us and our country. 

Sincerely

KeithWalters

Hello Keith!

Your concern are understandable, and thanks for voicing it!
We discussed the event yesterday and our current situation. Here in NC the governor advised no gatherings of 100 or more (as I understand it). Our event is currently less than 30 and being mostly outside exposure should be minimal at the event. As of Sunday afternoon we are a go for the Carolina Classic but are evaluating it each day. We do not want to overreact, but we want to be safe as well. If there are folks who want to cancel we will understand and will refund your entry fee. 
We continue to monitor the situation and would advise by EOD Wednesday if plans change. 

Thanks,

Philip

Thanks for the quick update Phillip. I fully hope to be there but just want to do the right thing under these circumstances. Being outside definitely helps the situation and my biggest concern is lodging and staying in a hotel and traveling with someone. Hope we get this behind us sooner rather than later and everyone has a great FT season. Shoot straight and stay healthy my friends!

Sincerely

KeithWalters