• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 2020 CALIFORNIA STATE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIP IS MOVERD TO MORRO BAY 10-17~18

Hey All,

I am the current Sheriff of the Chorro Valley Regulators - The Cowboy shooters at the range right next door to where you will be shooting your match.

I plan on attending your match as a spectator this coming weekend, as it will be my first time seeing what happens during a FT match.

I also want to be there to ensure that any amenities we Cowboys can provide from our range will be available for your use. Hot showers, camp fires, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the match!

Tom

I also want to be there to ensure that any amenities we Cowboys can provide from our range will be available for your use. Hot showers, camp fires, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the match!

Tom

Thank you Tom,

The hospitality of the Cowboys has made this match one of the best matches in the country to shoot. Opening up your area to camping, showers and fire pit is so appreciated by the participants, I think half the people come to the match to enjoy your hospitality and beautiful location. If you enjoy tipping a few around the campfire let us know what you enjoy and we'll make sure you don't run out. 🍺

Jim in Sacramento

Let there be video! Send in the drones! Uj

I hadn't wanted to do this as I didn't know how drones might be accepted at a match I've never attended.

But I can handle that aspect as well...😁 Respectfully, of course.

EDIT:

Along those lines, I have attached a photo of the range where this match will be held, for those who might not have shot at the SLOSA ranges before. It is the one on the left side of the photo. And it won't be that green any more this time of the year. This photo was taken in May.

DJI_0034.1602527317.JPG

Nice to meet all of you guys and gals out at the event, and thanks for sharing so much of your knowledge and enthusiasm with us.

I have posted photos taken with the drone on my SmugMug site. Disregard the prominent "Buy Photo" button. Just open the first photo and use the arrow on the right side to select through them. There is a download icon on the left side where you can download any photo at no charge, in full resolution.

Not knowing much about your game and trying to keep from disturbing the competitors, I feel like I only got a bunch of 'location shots.' But maybe some will be interesting to some of you. The videos will take some processing time, but I plan on posting those to the same site during the week.

Access the photos (and eventually the videos too) here:

https://tmh.smugmug.com/2020-CALIFORNIA-STATE-FIELD-TARGET-CHAMPIONSHIP/n-F5Z3dM/

Thank you to our sponsors Airguns of Arizona and UTG for their donations.

I would like to thank the following clubs for their help on the GP 2020 CA State Field Target Match at Morro Bay.

Morro Bay/SLSBA...Scott Hall & Bob Sloan

Sacramento Valley Field Target...Scott Schneider & Jim Cyran

Ashland Air Rifle...Darren Taylor

Chorro Valley Regulators...Tom/Hollywood 

CASA...Ron Jobbs, Rick Rogers, Art Burciaga.

I also would like to thank Hollywood for the aerial videos and Conrad Rowling for the still pictures of our event...Not to mention the after hour hors d'oeuvres.

I also would like to thank those competitors who volunteered to help pickup and close down the match area.

John Knapp

2020 CASA President 

Just had a few days to recover and get back to work already.

I just wanted to thank all the folks that put together, hosted, and made the match possible. It was a great course, diverse conditions, and the target difficulty ran the full gamut. I had a blast. Great group of people out there. The accommodations in Morrow Bay were great, it was real nice to be so close to the beach for a bit. A real nice trip, in all. 

I will definitely be back in the years to come.

Kindest, 

Garrett Kwakkestein