• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 2020 August 1 - Field Target Match - Rockville Fish & Game Club (Vernon, CT)

Match Date: 2020 August 1, Saturday

Rifle Match - 48 shots - 24 targets – 8 lanes. Two shots per target – 6 shots per lane. 6 min time limit. One shooter per lane and will score themselves.

Course difficulty: Easy. Average distance is 27 yards with all full sized kill zones. Break barrel friendly. Only 5 targets over 40 yards. Possible perfect score for veteran shooters.

The following AAFTA classes and rules will be used:
PCP – Combined Hunter-Unlimited*, Open, WFTF 

Piston – Combined WFTF-Open-Unlimited*, Hunter 

*Unlimited Class (attached bipods, tripods, range finders are allowed) 

Start anytime from 10:00 AM until 12:00 Noon. Practice range and course will be open. 

Entry fee: $15 Adults, $10 Juniors or RFG members
Must sign a waiver/release of liability form. Eye protection is required. Use face coverings when 6 feet separation is not possible. Hand sanitizer will be available. 

Highly recommend bringing your own folding chair. PCP shooters should bring their own air supply. Those who use rifle carriers must cover the entire rifle or just use a rifle case instead.

Location: Police Range, Rockville Fish & Game Club, Fish & Game Rd, Vernon, CT 06066 (I-84, Exit 67, Route 31-Mile Hill Rd) Use second gate on left not club house gate.

GPS Coordinates: 41.842105, -72.421880

http://www.rockvillefishandgameclub.com/

e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]

Notice: This is the first air gun field target match for Rockville Fish & Game club. They are testing the waters to see if air gun field target is popular enough to warrant a regular event at the club.

download.png
View attachment 1593534485_9880786945efb68157fb0f4.48618826.pdf

Leo,

Thanks for posting. There are definitely airgun guys in CT. With a few IFs I would like to come. I always complain that you guys make the matches too difficult but just perhaps this one is too easy but I guess I should wait and see before I say that! I would like to also see more shots but 48 is a good start.

You might want to post the match info at Blue Trail and Cubeta's Gun Shop in Meridan/Middletown area if they are still there, also Hoffmans in Berlin if that is still there. I have been away from CT for a long time now.

I kind off get the feeling that this is due to your efforts, thanks for your work.

Rick

Rick,

It's has been a hard sell to get them to even consider field target. I joined the Rockville because two of their members were interested in having air gun matches. They won't allow a woods course yet even though they have several hundred acres of woods to hunt (archery only) and harvest timber. It's a slow process with a lot of politics involved. The rifle police range is too narrow to allow 10 lanes (only 8 max) with the minimum 6 feet between lanes. The archery guys won't mind but the gun guys really not don't think it's worth doing at all. Hoping to change their minds.

Leo

I understand Leo. Lots of people don't have a clue about 20 fpe airguns and think they are high power rifles. Some airgun guys like high power long range airguns and unforunately that helps to promote their ignorance about FT. We had some of. that silliness at Delran when we ran FT there. Ridiculous safety concerns. There are always politics but usually the first question has been how much it will cost the club? They had some safety concerns at Falls when we first started but once they saw how we ran our matches they backed right off the biggest safety problems we have had at Falls have occurred on our plinking range but the shotgunners are a very close second when it comes to unsafe gun handling.

Hang in there and keep trying.

Rick