2018 EBR RESULTS LIVE!

AOA

Dealer
Mar 30, 2015
AZ
Here is a link to the results of the 2018 Extreme Benchrest championship.

We will have a full post coming soon, complete with lots of pictures.

http://www.extremebenchrest.com/2018-extreme-benchrest-results/

1539822500_19495359825bc7d3a41b70f6.81462314_IMG_5807.jpg

1539822521_3838305155bc7d3b96aa9e6.77040101_aoa-signature-logo-landscape.png

Wow... did Daystate change the line up with the Red Wolf or WHAT? Completely different scene than just 1 year ago.

I think they're going to be moving a LOT of Red Wolves in future.

Removed comment - came across the wrong way and don't want to detract from this thread or sponsors of the forum.

Yes, the RW kicked A$$ at the event-awesome gun! Gun has received tons of praise-rightly so!

Wow... did Daystate change the line up with the Red Wolf or WHAT? Completely different scene than just 1 year ago.

As discussed in other places: AOA has essentially dropped FX and is now pushing Daystate (that's not a knock, or endorsement of either brand). As such, and because this is an AOA event, you end up seeing the lineup shoot mainly what is being sold by the event sponsor. In other words, it's really difficult to say 'Brand A' is really dominant over 'Brands B' and 'Brands C', etc because when 70+% (just a number) of the entries are shooting Brand A (including the top shooters)-guess what? 'Brand A' is going to have a lot of results in the top scores.

Last year (and years past) 'Brand A' was FX. This year 'Brand A' is Daystate. Having said that, there's likely still a large population 'hangover' of shooters who are still shooting what they have for the past year(s)-hence there is still a high population of FX mixed into the results. Now that Utah Airguns is pushing FX, the Rocky Mountain Challenge will likely be stacked with FX guns in the majority of top spots. In contrast, IF Rapid Air Weapons held a BR event in Tennesee, guess what would likely dominate the results board: RAWs, with a sub population of other brands mixed in the results.

Again, this is NOT a knock against Daystate, FX, etc - just a simple assesment of the results vs. entries, as it relates to industry trends here in the US...

Hmmm... so you're saying that somehow AoA coerced all those shooters to buy Red Wolves? Or sold them to them at deep discount to get them to buy Red Wolves? The competitors didn't have free will to choose their own rifles?

Interesting.

I think Daystate has done a great job with the Red Wolf, good for them they deserve the success! Especially how well it's done in .22. Really impressive.

Daystate brought it this year! That's the best way to sum it up for me anyways, as soon as I saw all the Daystate jerseys they were like the Cobra Kai coming in there. The combination of newly regulated HIGH power .22 that's deadly accurate with the redesigned monsters made a real battle. Great for the industry!

Maybe they were a bit pissed that FX now has their US HQ and does their own work and wanted to stick it to them a bit. You said AoA essentially dropped FX I think that's not an accurate assessment look at the timeline. And Sean saying EBR is to Daystate as RAW is to tennessee is a bit silly, I'm sure if RAW held a tournament there would be winners of all brands IMO. The reason Daystate and FX kicked ass at both Rocky Mountain and EBR is that they're good guns not because the tournament isn't in Tennessee or because it isn't sponsored by RAW.

There's simply many more FX and Daystate in the USA than RAW. again my opinion. These events aren't slanted to suit guns besides RAW, there's 100y benchrest, 75y etc that RAW are strong in. 

Yep, my comment was out of line - sorry guys. I've removed it and spoken more correctly above. I'll bow out and let this thread focus on what's important: great shooters shooting great guns in many makes at a great event. I'm super grateful for what AoA has done for the Airgun community over the years and don't wish to detract from that or tarnish that image. 

Sean

The one gun that I love is the One Gun I can use for Field Target, Benchrest 250 cards at local match and 3rd place in National Benchrest 2018 Unlimited Class@ 25m and Pest control, Oh an American Field Target Sniper Class. The RedWolf Hp .177 Outscored the Big calibers in Extreme Class American Field Target. So the question is, is the bigger caliber just an ego small man syndrome or is it really necessary for what 90 % of airgunners use their guns for? I own Fx Guns the .22 Royale 400, .25 Crown, 177 Ranchero and a 30. caliber Boss. I also own a Daystate Wolverine B-Hilite .177 with over 100k rounds in 3 years and an Air Ranger.177 so all of these guns are high quality and extremely accurate. I believe most people are only looking to buy(due to expense) one gun for most everything they shoot. My experience and abilities have lead me to and concluded that the Electronic .177HP Daystate Redwolf that is easily and quickly adjusted is the BEST BANG For Buck. The TRUE ONE GUN!!! Be a better shooter with shot placement and less pass through energy so much much safer with a .177 caliber. Ironically enough I sold my FX .25 Verminator Extreme which had less than 500 rounds and had never shot the arrows. I sold it so I could purchase this gun that I shoot at every competition I shoot in. Just putting this out there hope it helps!!!

You guys are overlooking the fact that the Daystate flagship (RedWolf) didn't win EBR in either the 50 or the 100 yard categories. Yes, it was a DS product, but not the one anyone expected and certainly not in the caliber anyone expected. The Bantam Sniper is a really nice gun, but so are all the other guns I saw being shot at EBR, any of which are capable of producing winning results in the right hands on the right day.

There were plenty of FX guns on hand in the hands of great marksmen. The bottom line is, that it wasn't their day. Claudio (those that follow him will know this) is a master at setting up guns and moreover, he shoots thousands of rounds every month. When combined, the skill and the art make a VERY formidable combination. He was determined to be hard to beat this year, and that's exactly how it worked out. That will be me next year... wait and see. ...LoL

You guys are overlooking the fact that the Daystate flagship (RedWolf) didn't win EBR in either the 50 or the 100 yard categories. Yes, it was a DS product, but not the one anyone expected and certainly not in the caliber anyone expected. The Bantam Sniper is a really nice gun, but so are all the other guns I saw being shot at EBR, any of which are capable of producing winning results in the right hands on the right day.

There were plenty of FX guns on hand in the hands of great marksmen. The bottom line is, that it wasn't their day. Claudio (those that follow him will know this) is a master at setting up guns and moreover, he shoots thousands of rounds every month. When combined, the skill and the art make a VERY formidable combination. He was determined to be hard to beat this year, and that's exactly how it worked out. That will be me next year... wait and see. ...LoL

No. Not overlooking anything. The point is that the Red Wolf made a VERY significant showing this year! Daystate was represented strongly across the board, even if their guns didn’t take 1st or 2nd place in every category. Compared to last year, FX was displaced significantly in this years competition. Not to say that any of these events couldn’t have been won without an FX or a Daystate - just that Daystate, the Red Wolf in paticular, was heavily chosen by competitors, many of whom placed quite well! FX still did well, but now Daystate did well also! FX has much stiffer competition from Daystate this year. 

Can’t wait to see how things go NEXT year! :)

Hi,

Just to move the discussion back a bit, I would just like to say how good it was to be back shooting in USA again at the AofA EBR and to all the great people i met or re-met at this years match. yes there was a competitive rivalry between the companies this year, far more than in any other year, but you wouldn't have know it speaking with shooters as we all get along and just enjoyed the shooting in what is a pretty full on event - 6 different matches sometimes two goes through. Loved every minute of it.

Only thing missing was some warm dry weather, I thought arizona was supposed to be hot?

;)

Tony