2016 Ontario junior Biathlon

Forums Field Target Field Target Talk 2016 Ontario junior Biathlon

• Views : 654
  • Link

1kshooter
    Participant

I just wanted to share a few pictures with all of you of my daughter who I am so proud of her and her brother are my whole world and I am very blessed to be the man that they call daddy! 
    This is the first year that my daughter competed in Biathlon with her cadet corp and only the 3rd time ever being on skis!!! …the conditions were very cold windy and the course was covered in ice patches …the steep drop hills were the worst and there were a lot of injuries because of the conditions my daughter fell twice hurting both knees and spraining her thumb but even know she had tears rolling down her face and the medics and military coaches pleaded with her to to forfeit and get looked at she pushed on  to the finish line another 2 laps of the 1.5 mile course and  and five clean targets latter she dug deap and crossed the finish line! 
    I as a father could not be more proud of the way she handled herself yesterday! 

I am so happy for her and also to share this experience with you my friends!
    Jonathan

Link

bent
    Participant

1k,

That’s awesome, congrats to your daughter for finishing under such adversity (and hey, kudos to dad and mom for bringing her up to be that way).

What kind of rifle is she shooting, and are those the standard 50m biathlon targets?

I’ve been considering getting into the sport myself, as it combines two of my hobbies…

Link

ajshoots
    Participant

Great story and pictures and a big Congrats to your daughter as well!!

Link

1kshooter
    Participant

thanks guys I am very proud of her for sure ….bent its just me raising them lol and the guns are Daisy Cadet model i will have to look up the number as I forget off hand and the targets are 10 meter air rifle Biathlon targets
    Thanks again guys fro the kind words! 
    Jonathan

Link

1kshooter
    Participant

Just found out that she signed up for Biathlon for next year and is now on the Core Marksmanship team ….sweet!
    Jonathan

Link

ajshoots
    Participant

Awesome dude!! That is really cool!! Sure you are a proud father.

Link

NorthLand43
    Participant

Outstanding! 

Glad to see the youth of today embracing the shooting sports of any kind! 

Link

1kshooter
    Participant

I am very proud as her father, also very proud that so many young people are saying that they want to shoot as well and learn how to do so safely!
    Jonathan

Link

strikefast
    Participant

Jonathon, good for her and for you!

Where did she end up in the rankings? She is doing great just for competing on her first match. !
    Was she nervous? Looking at the prone target she was shooting, it looked like one more to go to complete. And with no scopes…..there are grown men who have trouble shooting iron/peep target sights. Now let her go back to the FX and getting dinner birds! Lol

Link

1kshooter
    Participant

Strikefast, she did fantastic missed one target out of 10! …as it was only her third time skiing she was well behind the leaders of the pack and then she took not one but two bad falls ….but she did finish…even more important she wants to do it again!
    Jonathan

Link

ajshoots
    Participant

Jonathan,

I have said before and will say again, THANK YOU for raising another generation of responsible shooters!! A great story and heartwarming as well!! My children are young and I look forward to moments like you just experienced with your daughter. Keep up the good work and give your daughter another congrats from your bro’s at AGN!!

Link

strikefast
    Participant

Good to see she did not get discouraged by the falls….looking forward to next years results.

Tell her she has hundreds of adopted dads on this forum cheering her on!

Link

1kshooter
    Participant

Thank you so much Strikefast, 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.