200 yard six pack challenge. Is your gun up to it?

Forums Benchrest Benchrest Talk 200 yard six pack challenge. Is your gun up to it?

• Views : 903
  • Link

pcparmy
    Participant

Is that sharp echo sound the report from the impact on the can or from the rifle?   Ive never been that close to impact before. Good shooting.   And the slugs sound awesome ripping the air

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

I'll try to answer a few questions here. 

I made the LDC. A friend gave me the anodized can. I just made the threaded end cap and internals. 

Shot count is more than 32 from a 240 bar fill.   Reg. is only at 110 – 120 bar. 

Slugs I make and are made using Corbin swaging press and dies.  $1360.00

Gun mods. – Picture is worth……..

309 yards that you posted I saw that. Cool.  

The sound is the can exploding. It always echos off the trees all around the little valley here. 

I posted here on AGN about 3 weeks ago a video I made shooting cans at 173 yards. 

That video was to get the same sound and sight of the cans exploding in the morning sun light that I see and hear. 

Hope that helps…..

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Well, here’s my attempt at the 200 yard six pack challenge!  A Compact Veteran @ 967 FPS using Crosman .22  cal 14.3 premier domes. Is my compact Vet up to the challenge? 😂 lol I might have done a little better had I used a “14th century French trebuchet” or a slingshot ,  but the challenge was presented and this is all I had . Any way while I was attempting the 200SPC  squirrel 🐿 passed right in front of my cans about 5 yards closer to me. He didn’t stick around , just passed ,so I didn’t have time to challenge him but maybe in the near future… but for now   here’s the link to a short video of my attempt.https://youtu.be/Cd3Ct7Wq_n4  

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

I think this is the correct link

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Hey, C.B.Daddy.  That's awesome. You spent the time and energy to put your gun the the test. Thanks! 

It did appear you had a hit or two, maybe three? Maybe you can verify that number of hits. 

Either way C.B.Daddy is in second place at 200 yards shooting 14 gr. domes. LOL……………………

Link

nomojo65
    Participant

My guns are!, I am not!

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Longshot Lol 😂. I thought it was a fail since I did only hit three. My son was spotting and confirmed it. Anyway thanks for presenting the challenge and for the consolation 2nd place. 😂🤣😂🤣😂 . I really want to reach out further but currently am maxed out on elevation. Good evening and again keep up the awesome shooting!

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.