• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

200 yard six pack challenge. Is your gun up to it?

Here's a video I shot, shooting 6 water filled cans at 200. There's no dirt bank to see were you hit and adjust for the next shot. 

This is a first cold shot to start and then just finish the job type of video.

So how many of you have a gun that is able to do this or better?

The 6 pack challenge. How does your PCP do? 

Mod edit: moved to FT, Benchrest and Target Shooting forum

https://youtu.be/NY7d-2MNww4

Very good, what is the gun and slug?

Modified .35 cal. to .25 cal. Cricket shooting a 37.8gr. 940 FPS for about 75 FPE. 

1563945162_10975877555d37e8ca11c0d1.13066364_LDC_on2.jpg

1563945750_12896141435d37eb16c2f576.78588078_38.1gr_Slugs.jpg

At the moment no slug gun . Are you using bag & bipod - bags front & back - or a sled ? Looks like you had perfect conditions , wish I could find a day around here like that just to see exactly what the cricket really can do at long ranges . BTW nice shootun kayaker

Just sand bags, on a small shooting bench. And yes it was calm wind conditions. 

Wow great shooting!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 is the challenge open to different beers? I mainly drink Shiner Bock in long neck bottles so I also hope you’ll overlook glass. I do also ( when I’m slummin) drink bud ice in 40 oz bottles but those are way to big at 200 yards... I could drink a twelve pack instead to make it fair . But a 12 of shiner not bud ice cause that’s a lot of beer to drink and then do some good shooting. Oh yea one more ? Does it make a difference if I drink the beer on an empty stomach ?

Oh yea sorry, is it ok if I use Crosman premier 14.3 domes?

You'd have as much chance of hitting a 12 oz can at 200 yards using a 14th Century French trebuchet. Unless you're Rick Rehm... then you could use a Crosman 2240 shooting the 14.3's while aiming over your shoulder with a hand mirror. Or maybe just spitting them out of your mouth :)

Iron lion I hit one at 195 the other day but it was the cheap brookshire grocery store brand my dew not a beer can. Lion don’t doubt the simple pellet, Crosman, jab or any diabolo. I ran out of Vk slugs, and am not totally finished with my swage/die to swage 14.3 Crosman’s into slugs yet so do what I have to, shoot with the pellets I can get locally ( Walmart/tractor supply). It was really windy so I only hit 1 out of ten shots . I could see the dirt flying as a register for the impact and as it looked it was a great group ,all right next to the can. As I said very windy but the strelok had me right on elevation. I had my Aztec turret maxed out at 181 and held over the rest. 😜

And lol on the trebuchet, I didn’t know what it was by name . Now I think 🤔 m gonna go reach into my YETI and go shoot my Crosman premier pellets. At 200 yards of course, but only cause I don’t like to shoot off of the center dot of my scope. It’s too hard to see the impact when my target is at the bottom of the scope / reticle. With my scope maxed out at 181 I didn’t have to hold over that much to reach 195. So maybe at 200 after the trigger is pulled I’ll be able to correct quick enough And still see the impact. Again good day!!