200 yard six pack challenge. Is your gun up to it?

Forums Benchrest Benchrest Talk 200 yard six pack challenge. Is your gun up to it?

• Views : 901
  • Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Here's a video I shot, shooting 6 water filled cans at 200. There's no dirt bank to see were you hit and adjust for the next shot. 

This is a first cold shot to start and then just finish the job type of video.  

So how many of you have a gun that is able to do this or better?  

The 6 pack challenge. How does  your PCP do? 

Mod edit: moved to FT, Benchrest and Target Shooting forum  

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by a Moderator.
    Link

Makoda
    Participant

Very good, what is the gun and slug?

Link

kayaker
    Participant

At the moment no slug gun . Are you using bag & bipod – bags front & back – or a sled ? Looks like you had perfect conditions , wish I could find a day around here like that just to see exactly what the cricket really can do at long ranges . BTW nice shootun   kayaker

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Makoda

Very good, what is the gun and slug?

Modified  .35 cal. to .25 cal. Cricket shooting a 37.8gr. 940 FPS for about 75 FPE. 

kayaker

At the moment no slug gun . Are you using bag & bipod – bags front & back – or a sled ? Looks like you had perfect conditions , wish I could find a day around here like that just to see exactly what the cricket really can do at long ranges . BTW nice shootun   kayaker

Just sand bags, on a small shooting bench.  And yes it was calm wind conditions. 

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Long_Shot.
    Link

kayaker
    Participant

Have to ask is that a homemade lcd ? How many shots on a tank of air ? sorry for all the questions   Darell   btw mine is only a 22 cal

Link

mtnGhost
    Participant

Well, I did a 2L at 309y with my Crown in a heavy breeze, but I had originally planned to plink 12oz cans that day out at 300. I didn't realize that I forgot the 12 pack I bought and picked up the 2L at a little highway robbery gas station, so I still have the 12 cans of orange Fanta awaiting execution! 

Link

Grin_Reaver
    Participant

Modified  .35 cal. to .25 cal. Cricket shooting a 37.8gr. 940 FPS for about 75 FPE. 

Nice!! Other than caliber change what modifications did you have to do? Also what brand is that slug?

Link

golfer70
    Participant

That was better than fireworks. The sound the slug made passing the camera and then the Impact was pretty cool to say the least. Keep it up. Thanks. 

Link

pewpewfever
    Participant

I have many guns that are up to that challenge, but none of them are air guns.  My most powerful air gun is a 20 FPE Thomas.  Chairgun says I’d need nearly 600 clicks of elevation at 200 yards.  It’s a 1/8 moa/click scope.  I’m not sure what I could buy off the shelf that can meet this challenge.  Maybe an Impact?

Link

CampFussell
    Participant

Ah yes, my wife and I enjoy shooting six packs ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think she shot these at 30 yds though. With 180 gr round balls at between 650 and 700 fps

Link

molder
    Participant

Very nice shooting!  i wish i had a 200 yard range lol 

Link

scubajeeper
    Participant

One question, did you drink the six pack first?๐Ÿค”

That would be the real challenge๐Ÿป

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Wow great shooting!!!๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ is the challenge open to different beers? I mainly drink Shiner Bock in long neck bottles so I also hope youโ€™ll overlook glass. I do also ( when Iโ€™m slummin) drink bud ice in 40 oz bottles but those are way to big at 200 yards… I could drink a twelve pack instead to make it fair . But a 12 of shiner not bud ice cause thatโ€™s a lot of beer to drink and then do some good shooting. Oh yea one more ? Does it make a difference if I drink the beer on an empty stomach ?

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Oh yea sorry, is it ok if I use Crosman premier 14.3 domes?

Link

ironlion269
    Participant

C.B.Daddy

Oh yea sorry, is it ok if I use Crosman premier 14.3 domes?

You'd have as much chance of hitting a 12 oz can at 200 yards using a 14th Century French trebuchet.  Unless you're Rick Rehm… then you could use a Crosman 2240 shooting the 14.3's while aiming over your shoulder with a hand mirror.  Or maybe just spitting them out of your mouth :)

Link

cea1960
    Participant

that was pretty cool!  i wouldn't want to be a can of water in your backyard, or a squirrel, or chipmunk, or rabbit, or a starling, or a …

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

Iron lion I hit one at 195 the other day but it was the cheap brookshire grocery store brand my dew not a beer can. Lion don’t doubt the simple pellet, Crosman, jab or any diabolo. I ran out of Vk slugs, and am not totally finished with my swage/die to swage 14.3 Crosman’s into slugs yet so do what I have to, shoot with the pellets I can get locally ( Walmart/tractor supply). It was really windy so I only hit 1 out of ten shots . I could see the dirt flying as a register for the impact and as it looked it was a great group ,all right next to the can. As I said very windy but the strelok had me right on elevation. I had my Aztec turret maxed out at 181 and held over the rest. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

And lol on the trebuchet, I didn’t know what it was by name . Now I think ๐Ÿค” m gonna go reach into my YETI and go shoot my Crosman premier pellets. At 200 yards of course, but only cause I don’t like to shoot off of the center dot of my scope. It’s too hard to see the impact when my target is at the bottom of the scope / reticle. With my scope maxed out at 181 I didn’t have to hold over that much to reach 195. So maybe at 200 after the trigger is pulled I’ll be able to correct quick enough And still see the impact. Again good day!!

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

And who in the hello kitty is Rick rheem???

Link

Michael
    Keymaster
    Keymaster

Great shooting! Sounds neat ๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿ‘

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.