200 ft# regulated PCP

I don't know of any dangers of using helium to either life or gun other than the increased power it produces. It's inert and non-toxic.

As far as I know, most of the extreme big bore makers talk about using it in their rifles. Extreme Big Bores and Quakenbush definitely do. In some States it's the only way to make air rifles powerful enough to meet the minimum power regulations imposed for certain game.

I know of people who have tried it in various small bore PCP guns too. 

What dangers are being referred to? 

There is no more problem with helium than N2 or Clean Dry Air. Helium is a more energetic gas and therefore boost performance. I run on N2 because it is guaranteed dry!

Pure Oxygen is a funny gas. When piping for it in the Semiconductor Fabrication areas in a past life there had to be gentle bends and no restrictions in the line because if oxygen flow exceeded a certain velocity it could BURN stainless steel lines and regulators with GREAT heat. In addition liquid oxygen is one of the most dangerous substances you can encounter. One drop on your skin and that piece of skin can oxidize rapidly (BURN) not to mention the danger of the cryogenic temp which at very least will cause severe freezing and massive tissue damage!

I think Mr Hollowpoint's 20mm gun was making 1776 foot pounds with helium!

Thurmond

That's my understanding too. There is a huge difference between inert or relatively inert gases like helium or Nitrogen and dangerous gases like hydrogen or pure oxygen. 

Here's some results from some tests with helium in a Benjamin Bulldog and a Hatsan Gladius:

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=109990.0

The results in Big Bores are significantly more impressive and useful but it works fine in any PCP that doesn't leak. There is a video on YouTube where some guy uses his blackbird BB gun with helium...