2 weeks off and continue. No money. :(

Due the Corona outbreak my company been shut down for 2 weeks now. At first they said we will be going back to work on april 1. But seem like it's getting worst. Just got an email from my company that it will not be opening on april 1. And they dont know when or if it will be open again. How am I going to pay for my airguns. If my butt is at home. Cant even afford a gauntlet anymore. This is getting ridiculous. I don't mind staying home. But who's gonna pay the the rent, insurance, gas, food, water, electricity, internet, phone, etc. My wife is not letting me send a dime on airgun or pellets :( 

It's very strange to hear you guys from the US, which is a very strong country,things like layoffs are already happening to you.😐

I live in Lithuania, a small and economically weak country. No one has yet been fired for coronavirus.

Damn corona will do much damage to the world. It is important to stay strong and not bend your hands. 

I wish everyone strength!!!

@Vadimas, the thing with the US is it is a case of "Son your on yer own" (blazing saddles).

That's is what makes it a "strong" country, folk NEED to learn to stand on their own two feet.

I am UK based, folk here are a mix of stiff upper lip, and cry babies, not sure how we will cope.

so far I am working for 80% of my wage, hoping it gets no worse.

stay safe.

Pellet money is on the way!

Coronavirus Relief Package

From ABC News:

Direct payments for most Americans taxpayers

Under the plan, individuals who earn $75,000 or less in adjusted gross income would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400.

An additional $500 per child will be tacked on to that.

The payment would scale down as income rises, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children.

Ninety percent of Americans would be eligible to receive full or partial payments, according to estimates by the Tax Policy Center.

It’s unclear how long it will take the Internal Revenue Service to process and calculate each and every payment. The White House has indicated that Americans could be seeing direct payments as soon as April 6.

Expanded unemployment insurance

Lawmakers agreed to a significant expansion of unemployment benefits that would expand unemployment insurance by 13 weeks and include a four-month enhancement of benefits -- an additional $600 per week - on top of what state unemployment programs pay.

In total, unemployed workers are eligible to receive up to 39 weeks of unemployment benefits.

The program was expanded to include freelancers, furloughed employees and gig workers, such as Uber drivers.

I am very sorry to hear of your financial woes, but remember this is just a hobby. 

Years ago we were living on top of the world before it all came crashing down. A new baby, lost my job, and my wife contracted cancer all in a span of 4 months. We had used our immediate savings to pay for the baby, (no job= no insurance) then cashed in our IRA to pay for the cancer treatments. (still owed $300,000+) I sold everything I could. Boats, motorcycles, cars, shop machinery, guns, furniture. I never thought I would ever get out of debt and I would die on the job.

Fast forward 29 years and I'm retired and regained all those "toys" I lost before.

This pandemic will affect us all, we just need to remember what is really important in order to survive both physically and financially.

Today I have a fund for my hobbies, but I'm not spending it until our nation gets past this pandemic.

When I was working and wanted (not needed) something, I would save twice the amount and put half of it in the bank. Not only did it give us more financial stability and make the wife happy, but it made me rethink if I really want to work all that overtime for that new gun, fishing kit, etc. 

I wish all good luck through these trying times. It will get darker before the dawn.

It’s a really hard time dealing with the virus crisis. I make metal art and I just received instructions to not send out orders until the end of May. I just sold off most of my guns at a really good price...just in case it is going to last longer than some people think. But isn’t it awesome how you see Americans rallying together and inventing new ways to deal with the virus issues...Mcgivering ventilators to serve two people. We are going to get through this mess.

That's because you are not brainwashed in media-driven fear like the US.

Seldom do you meet a real man anymore in the US

I meet hundreds every week and they all stink of cowardness.

Yes, indeed you can smell it, fear of everything.

Even though I’m a New Yorker (upstate thank god)... God bless Texas... don’t let that state ever turn blue...

ImpactX; I share in the pain of all who are experiencing the uncertainty of their finances and family well being during this crises. It will keep many of us up all night. Having the "privileged" attitude will get us nowhere,fast. I have an "essential" position as well as my Wife, doing what we can to support our community at large starting locally. We are not all prepared, and it affects us all differently. We here on AGN are (should be) a family and can support one another during these times, giving inspirationally as well as financially if possible to support those of us in need. These are the "small businesses" in jeopardy here in the USofA as well as many parts of the world. Show them your love and support!

Viruses have no fear, they will take out anybody, anytime. Even a Texan. Ignorance is not a weapon. This might be a good time to re-think our priorities and enjoy what we have.

😉

Patrick

1585568600_19789895415e81db58170f06.92868348.png

2L8,

What do you mean?

Matt

Lets see a real man. Puts the airgun in the ccorner if it means spending $$ needed for the family. Stays away from others, other than family. Starts educating kids at home. Helps wife around house. If short on food, if where one can pest edibles use the airgun. Keep the kids entertained, look for educational games, who know's you might learn something. Keeps a good attitude for the family even if it is just a front.