2 Tanks or Nomad 2/Air Venturi Customer Service

So I ordered a Nomad 2 and it came to me defective. Didn’t even get to fill one tank with it. Would not build pressure. It is on it’s way back to PA. In fact they got it today. Based on the reviews here, I am really reconsidering my decision to get a replacement unit. Would I be better off getting a 74 CU/ft tank instead? I have one already and am not ready to jump to a big boy compressor that will fill tanks. I like the idea of the Nomad 2... the reviews have me leery and make me feel I have a 700 ticking time bomb coming back to me... One other thing of note. I waited four days to send this unit back. I tired calling Air Venturi on the phone using the number in the manual and got “no representatives are available” I left a voice mail with my email and phone number and no call back. Two days later I called and got a person at a different number i scoured the internet for who gave me the the numbers to a Mark and a Jordan. Called those numbers 8 times during the next two days... same recording. If this is how their customer service is I really am regretting not just getting a second tank. Final point, nothing in the manual tells you where any of the spare parts go or what they are for and you can’t take the unit apart or it voids the warranty.... needless to say if you have a bag of spare parts, no manual to tell you where they go and you can’t get a hold of anyone at the company that can assist you that is not a good combination. In writing this post I think I made up my own mind.. calling PA tomorrow and seeing if I can just get a second tank this time.

Follow up question. Does PA 30 day return policy run from the time the first unit was bought or when they ship the replacement? Seems like it should be the latter.

Man why doesn’t a company build a good reliable compressor. I have a Air Venturi lighting and it’s done me good for 2 years. But I have only used it maybe 20 hours and that’s a high guess. So it’s hard to say how reliable it is with such little use. 

But even with it I have a heard numerous bad reviews. I love the hobby airguns are a freakin blast but air supply is such a bitch! After all the bad reviews I’m kind of just waiting for the thing to take a poop in Me. The auto shutoff quit working after 10 fills. 

Even if you go with the tank, you still need a compressor to fill it or a dive shop that will fill to 4500 psi. Most dont even fill up that high. And you have to drive there drop you tank, come back later to pick up, and pay a fee. They dont open on weekend and holiday. I have the hatsan lighting. The big boys, not the small compressor. It will fill guns and tanks. Been using for a year without issue. Fill my 74cf tank from 3000 psi to 4500 psi in about 20 mins. No more driving to the dive shop and infinity air sorce.

I agree with you finding a place to fill to 4500 is a nightmare. Took me 6 scuba shops and 1.5 hour drive a few months ago when I got my 74 tank to get it filled... hence the nomad 2 purchase that was an epic fail. Since then I have found a fire department 20 miles from me that gladly fills the tank to 4500 and I have a hard time giving them a 20 dollar donation to do it.... almost have to put it in their pocket to get them to take it... two 74 units with a close and reliable fill station compared to the reviews and maintenance of this unit seems like a better choice... 

Man why doesn’t a company build a good reliable compressor. I have a Air Venturi lighting and it’s done me good for 2 years. But I have only used it maybe 20 hours and that’s a high guess. So it’s hard to say how reliable it is with such little use. 

But even with it I have a heard numerous bad reviews. I love the hobby airguns are a freakin blast but air supply is such a bitch! After all the bad reviews I’m kind of just waiting for the thing to take a poop in Me. The auto shutoff quit working after 10 fills.

Birdslayer, do you have the Air Venturi 4500 compressor or the Hatsan Lightning compressor? Although they look alike, there’s a lot of big differences between the two. If it is indeed the Hatsan Lightning and your auto shut off quit working, give Hatsan a call on this. They’ll take care of you.

Another Nomad two failure. Every time I hear of these things failing the common denominator is filling “tanks”. It was designed from the get go that these portable compressors are not meant for the fill ups or top offs of the big boy tanks. Same with those Yong Heng types. Small tanks and guns only. 

Maybe you are considered “lucky” that you didn’t even get to use it cause it came defective. You are on the right track in investing in another tank, or just save up and get a better mid range compressor with a known good track record.

With that said, I have not heard of one failure so far on the Benjamin traveler unit nor the Hatsan Spark unit. If I had to do it all over and go “tankless” I’d be getting that Spark unit to fill my guns.

I’ve always wondered about when the 30 day starts, also. Does it start the moment you hit the “buy now” button, or does it start the minute UPS hands it to you? Oh, man, that would suck if it started upon payment, especially on the “pre orders” and you’ve waited 4 months for the product and your money has long been gone from your account.

I sure wish all pcp manufacturers had a policy like MidwayUSA. 

Bigragu, I disagree on your statement that every time the Nomad 2 fails it is because the owner tried to fill tanks. I do not own a tank, I just used the Nomad 2 to fill my air gun and it failed after only a few fills. And I followed all the directions. PA was great to deal with on the warranty, less than 30 days of ownership, and so far the Nomad 2 is back working. But I am researching a better compressor.

Bigragu, I disagree on your statement that every time the Nomad 2 fails it is because the owner tried to fill tanks. I do not own a tank, I just used the Nomad 2 to fill my air gun and it failed after only a few fills. And I followed all the directions. PA was great to deal with on the warranty, less than 30 days of ownership, and so far the Nomad 2 is back working. But I am researching a better compressor.

Oh, man, that’s unfortunate. Worse yet, on just filling a gun and failing. Ok, my bad. Thanks for the information.

Follow up. I called PA and my replacement unit had shipped so I could not exchange it. Got the second unit yesterday. Pulled it from box and fired it up. Took 18 min to fill Hercules 35 cal from 100-250 Bar but at least this unit worked. However, this one came defective as well. First number on the output gauge display is so dim it’s barely readable.... and bottom plastic on the LED lights has a hairline crack in it... two units, two/three defects and shipping is on me for a year to send this back to air venturi if it breaks. This unit ais going back to PA as well and I will exchange it for a tank or credit towards a big dawg compressor..... this unit is a great idea... would be awesome if it was reliable and defect free.. which it is not. If someone can make something like this that actually is reliable and rugged it would have a huge market share... having a unit like this combined with a large Carbon fiber tank would be ideal.... end of the day drain your gun... fill it at home and save your tank air for the next field endeavor..... frankly with the reviews out there and the experiences with this I’m surprised they haven’t been pulled.