2 Aztec ?s,there was a 3rd? what was it?

I have an Aztec 3-18x50 side focus sfp. ?#1. My paralax adjustment has some play in it. If I'm focused to 65 yrds,and that relates pretty close to the markings on the turret, and I go and refocus ,just to double check let's say, the turret must be moved 20-25 yds before I see it go out of focus and the same to return to focus. Is that normal? ?#2. I won this scope earlier this year here on AGN so I don't remember having a receipt, what should I do if it needs looked at and I decide to try and return it for warranty? I went to their website,It's pretty sparse as far as info goes and only states "Lifetime Warranty" BUT sometimes their are conditions that go with that lifetime warranty.

I have several of these, beyond say 40y... I don't find that any can focus reliably (I can get a clear focus... I mean using the parallax wheel to determine distance). I can see this at much shorter distances too. It took some getting used to but I still like these more than many I've tried. Make sure you always adjust from the same direction, for me its turning the wheel back to a much shorter distance and always turning it slowly to the longer/target distance. Many other scopes kinda require this too. I've had much higher $ scopes that show the same large differences (even with oversized sidewheels) if the user changes use of the sidewheel.

Also, while there are many distributors, my understanding is that the Aztec was an AOA creation with whomever the manufacture is.

I really like these scopes and I have several (I like having the same scope/reticle across my main guns) but I shoot at known distances for the most part so focused is focused. If I was relying on the focus wheel for hunting, I might have a different opinion.

Thx JCD that is reassuring. I have no previous exp with side focus scopes.This is the 1st and probably only (to me) high dollar,side focus scope I'll ever own.I use the same technique you described. And similar conditions. My 2 AirMax Hawke scopes that have their AO adjustment on the bell housing have alot less vague zone? So it had me doubting if it was functioning as it should.

Thx JCD that is reassuring. I have no previous exp with side focus scopes.This is the 1st and probably only (to me) high dollar,side focus scope I'll ever own.I use the same technique you described. And similar conditions. My 2 AirMax Hawke scopes that have their AO adjustment on the bell housing have alot less vague zone? So it had me doubting if it was functioning as it should.

We would all like better. For me as a Hunter FT shooter, its very frustrating and even limiting, in my yard ( and I have 100 plus yards) it's not a big deal. Reality is that there are few 'low-mid priced' scopes that can parallax well at 35+ yards unless you set up with much higher magnification, I'm limited to 16x if I stick with the 'Hunter FT' approch. If actually ever went to FT shoots anymore (been a busy couple of years) I'd prob be tempted to buy something better.

Even though I don't go, I still set up many of my guns the same way.