1979 Sheridan makeover.

Forums Springers, Pumpers, C02, & Vintage 1979 Sheridan makeover.

• Views : 575
  • Link

greenterror
    Participant

This is to say thanks to a guy who took the time to put out several stock finishing videos, that gave me the confidence to refinish my Sheridan. That would be you Joe. After refinishing the stock, I used Never-Dull wadding Polish to shine up a very oxidized matte nickel finish, mounted a Williams peep sight and resealed it with a Bakerairgun’s kit, springs and all. Still as accurate as can be, and ready for another 38 years of service. So thanks Joe, and Wadcutter who posted the schematics on the Sheridan. made it easy for me, something to be said about the Sheridan, It’s a great gun!             ?t=1487368773    ?t=1487368782

Link

JoeWayneRhea
    Participant

OMG man that is BEAUTIFUL !!!! Wow that wood and metal work is absolutely professional grade !! I love the wood on the left side , doesn’t even look like the same gun !!!

Link

greenterror
    Participant

Thanks Joe, when I seen the video you made on the two faced gun, that’s when I believed, I think I can refinish my gun without missing it up. Great tips you give in your videos, with sanding and cutting the Tru-oil, that I was not wise too. It does look like a new gun, so thanks Joe, your videos were a lot of help.

Link

JoeWayneRhea
    Participant

ANY time man !! If you ever wanna chat just holler . I know there are guys who use uncut oil . But it just sets up to streaky for me . The thinned oil levels itself out better :)

Link

Wadcutter
    Participant

Absolutely stunning….Love the old Sheridans. Makes me smile to see one brought back to life. Thanks for posting.

Link

greenterror
    Participant

Thanks Wadcutter. And thank you for posting the ujays.net/repair manual, the timing was perfect. Baker supply’s a paper instruction with the kit, but the page you posted was much better. Got you some accuracy points for that one, the moment I seen it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.